Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$144
Orbitz.comUS$144
TravelocityUS$144
TripadvisorUS$144
CheapTicketsUS$144
FindHotelUS$144
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 1, 2015

We were here for a 2 night stay late June. In the description we received through the travel organisation it read that the hotel-restaurant had recently been refurbished, but that didn't quite go for our room or the bathroom for that matter. The shower was brilliant, but the plumbing and fixtures really really need looking after soon.The room was pleasant and comfortable enough and a nice touch from housekeeping was the (unasked for) provision of a fan and closing the curtains to keep the heat out when the forecast mentioned a hot day to come.The food was very nice, with interestingly enough the choice in size of meat/fish (125 or 250 grams), with friendly prices, a lovely atmosphere and most of all extremely friendly and helpful staff, and in my opinion staff can make or break a place :-)

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2015

I've stayed in Bolsward before, but not at this hotel. Just had a 9 night stay there. Food was excellent and the staff were extremely friendly.
Hotel is smack in the center of town, surrounded by shops and other bars, restaurants.

Only downside, is that the breakfast doesn't open until 8 weekdays and 8:30 on the weekends. Due to our working day starting well before breakfast, the hotel provided us with breakfast and lunch sandwiches ...... ideal.

Room tip: Ask for a room with two beds, otherwise you will get a single bed. It's not the end of the world, but helps.
Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We had dinner at this hotel in April 2014 - it was the worse service we ever experienced. The waiter was extremely rude and inattentive. Food was good, but after the service we received at dinner we were glad we stayed at another place during our week in Bolsward.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank TahoePeeps
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Anyone who reads my reviews know I like to stay in small local establishments at least some of the time on my travels. I find it is part of the adventure of traveling and it usually has a better price and you get to get a feel for the local area. For me that equals fun and adventure.

We started with dinner and drinks on the patio. Liking the town ambiance and the staff friendliness, we decided to stay the night.

The lobby/bar of the hotel is architecurally beautiful. with old wood and neat lighting. There was an elevator. It was small and you had to pull the door closed. But it worked ok as long as you remeber to close the door for the next person. (If you dont it gets stuck and a staff has to go find it and close the door.)

The room is small but clean and comfortable. (all I look for in this price range)

The bathroom was a little small and awkward with the shower drop down (kind of a 1 inch dropin the tiles) and the toilet being crowded beside it. (more of a "wetroom")

The view down the main street of town was lovely and relatively quiet. My room had 2 windows on a corner so it added to the interest.

Tv was a good size and bed was comfortable. Windows opened for lovely fresh country air.

I found the breakfast had a nice selection and was plentiful.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We were given a tired old room at the back. I think it was clean, but hard to tell with that old carpet and the grottily tiled bathroom. My towel smelt clean but had pink marks on, like lipstick stains.
The food at dinner was quite good but rather expensive for what it was.
At breakfast they hadn't bothered to cover up the crispbreads and there were flies landing on them which was absolutely disgusting. There also seemed to be only one egg cup between about 30 people.
It's not worth the money, only stay if you are desperate.

Date of stay: July 2011