All reviews hotel bar one night adler toilet tv
Reviewed September 22, 2017

GOOD: Low price, central location, had not expected such a good breakfast, the external shower was fine. Clean.
BAD: Impression of a dark and dirty place. People who need "standard" should stay away. One of our single rooms, no.1, was the kind you only use one night. And that is if you arrive late, and leave early. Dark and depressing. Noise from kitchen and bar. Sharing toilet with bar guests. Think it earlier has been a place storing food or something, in the middle of the building. Our other single, no.4, was good for a week stay. Window from floor to roof, facing the wide street. Fantastic bright. Both rooms had the terrible plastic between sheet and matress. (As in most 3 and 4-star hotels nowadays.) Took it away to avoid sweating. In my total score I ignore the terrible room no.1. The ratio what you get and what you pay, was unbeatable. Their garage, 120 meters away, 9,5€, seemed safe.

Room tip: Facing street brightest rooms.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2017

Its central position is its only advantage. The price is definetly too high compared to its value. Moreover, the room was really cold and, when we complained asking to change the room, the answer was: "you probably come from a warm country".
Is this the way to deal with a client?!

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed December 29, 2016

just a few words: AVOID this hostel when you have enough money. In my case I have been joining a wonderfull concert night with Ana Popovic close by and for one night this cheapest hostel close by was the alternative to sleep under a bridge.

International tourists: AVOID THE NETHERLANDS!!! Too high prices for food and hotels and bad service.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank trustableman
Reviewed December 24, 2016 via mobile

Very rude service and our room wasn't very clean. One of our group members had allergic reaction because of the air in the room. When we told the problem to the staff they didn't want to solve it and they didn't agree to change the room.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank 9essis
Reviewed October 14, 2016 via mobile

Anker is well located in the centre of Leeuwarden, and it's easily in walking distance from the town's (few) attractions, like Oldehove. Quiet and peaceful, and the staff was absolutely amazing! Everybody was nice and helpful, and spoke very good English. Coffee from the bar was great, beds were comfy. Rooms - and the building itself - are clearly old, and a bit cold, so I needed two blankets to sleep (I had a 2 bed room for myself alone). Breakfast was basic, but good, there is fruits, bread, joghurt and muesli, and quite a few toppings for bread. For my budget room there was a communal bathroom for two different rooms. Toilet and shower were clean and nice, but showerhead was a bit broken. It was not an inconvenience anyway.

I stayed for two nights and paid 70e in total, so better value than most hostels and Airbnbs. I'd definitely stay here again if I ever came back.

Date of stay: October 2016