See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 6, 2018

We enjoyed a nice meal at this restaurant overlooking the Europaplein (square)
Pleasant service, nice food in good company.
We chose to eat at this restaurant as it was easy to find and well known as this is a big building after entering Leeuwarden from the “afsluitdijk side”.
It was a very hot summer evening and the restaurant was not very cool but not too unpleasant. They have outside dining options but they are on the roadside and they haven’t put a lot of effort in making it an attractive erea to sit....
The orders are taken nice and quick and drinks arrived soon and food followed.
Nice food with just enough side dishes to feed all of us (not very generous portions)

PS watch your head when you go to the toilet!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
ErikdeRuiter, Public Relations Manager at Eurohotel Leeuwarden, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Dear Hieke W.

Thank you for sharing this review with us. Good to read that you appreciate the quality of the food. Also nice to hear that you appreciate the friendly and fluent staff. We think that is very important. The outdoor eatery has been under development since this year, and we hope we can welcome you again once it is completed.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 29, 2018

Since my last visit to this hotel in April 2016 there has been a lot of refurbishment or at least the bedroom I had on the sixth floor had been.

My 'single' room had a King sized bed in it had new carpet and the en-suite had been recently refurbished. It was quiet and more importantly for me comfortable.

The in-house restaurant offered and excellent selection of meals all at competetive prices. For dinner I chose the ribe eye steak which was cooked to my liking and well presented.

Staff were friendly and not overly attentive as you get in some restaurants, no one 'hurried' you to finish the meal to let more guests in.

Breakfast offered a wide choice of Continental style foods and lashings of hot coffee (very important for me!) and was reasonably priced.

It will be another two years when I am next back in Leeuwarden and I will try to ensure that I stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Top floors are always the quieter
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

We booked this at the last minute (2days ahead) after abandoning camping and were pleased with the very good price. Free on street parking is available nearby. Free wifi is available with different sign ins for different floors, which gave good coverage. Staff were helpful. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel.

At the time of our visit in August 2017 the major roundabout/intersection outside the hotel was undergoing works (and looked like it would continue for several more weeks), but this didn't have any impact on noise levels or anything else. There is a signposted diversion to access the hotel.

The room was comfortable and clean. Soap was provided, but I think no other shampoo/shower gel etc. The room seemed humid with a slight odour of having been shut up when we first entered, but this soon passed when we opened the window. Helpful information about the local area and attractions is available.

The bed had a bar in the headboard position, holding a light. This meant sitting up in bed to watch tv etc wasn't really possible and we both hit our heads on it several times, even though we already knew it was there. There were also two comfortable chairs in the room.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2016

They should have demolished this place at the same time as the Berlin wall.
This is a very dated run down hotel, it reminded me of Eastern Europe pre 1991.
Very small rooms with bad beds. Room was very hot, could not leave the door open, due to communal balcony.
I'll try not to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2016 via mobile

This place does the job, friendly staff, good size room, very clean, great breakfast, happy to let you store collect bikes from cellar. Pity no coffee or tea in room. Location is a little further out from centre , but about 20 min walk from train station , not a problem really.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family