All reviews sister hotel breakfast is served three nights small hotel central location comfortable bed walking distance minute walk concert bathtub church euros
Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

Firstly, I have to say that I was aware of most of the 'negatives' I am about to mention, and still booked, so wouldn't mark it down too much because of them. But I do need to mention them for completeness. So, let's get them out of the way! If you arrive after four the hotel is not staffed, so you have to check in at the sister hotel, which is about 5 minutes walk away. Plus there is no parking, and the access code to the car park we were sent did not work, though the staff weren't too bothered about helping with this. We had to park in a very expensive public car park the first night, then moved somewhere cheaper. So there was a fair bit of trekking with suitcases!
However, the room itself was fabulous, very quaint, well equipped and just lovely, all old furniture and wooden beams. I'd booked a family room, which was in the attic and a really good size. There was a king size bed and 2 singles, with a sofa, coffee table and writing desk. The bathroom was very modern
We didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that. The location is very central for the old town, shops, restaurants etc. We didn't hear much noise from the street, just church bells!
Now we have parking etc sussed out, I would definitely go again.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JoWilliams4a
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

In this hotel, they have not really staff (hence no service). So if you need anything you are left alone. Someone comes for a few hours in the morning but that's it.
It is expensive for a no staff hotel
Also when they are here, the staff is very unfriendly and dors not help you.
So I recommend to chose another more conventional hotel.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2017

The hotel is situated in a renovated townhouse in central Maastricht, less that a minute's walk from the Vrijthof. The room was decorated in a mix of antique and modern with a very comfortable bed and nice bathroom with bath and walk-in shower. Very conveniently located for shopping, sightseeing or eating out. There are not many rooms - 2 per floor - one side overlooking the street and the other the garden and the rooftops at the back. The chiming of the church clocks was fairly obtrusive, but did not start until 8am and was silenced before it could keep you out of sleep at night, adding something to the charm.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neil O
Reviewed September 20, 2017

We stayed for three nights. Our room (11) was at the front and was clean, witha comfortable bed and traditional furnishings. Effective shower in large tiled bathroom. Downside is noise from the street. And although we arrived when the receprion was staffed, the doorbell did not work and we had to find the phone number online and then ring the main hotel to get access. Another guest told us they had had the same problem - needs fixing. Staff we met were pleasant and helpful.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2017

I had called weeks earlier and requested a room on a low floor with two beds. When we arrived, the only room available was on the third floor (2nd European floor) with no lift and uneven wooden stairs with one double bed. There was no one to help with the luggage. The room had one window that was up high and I couldn't see out. The room was stuffy and we had one small plastic fan to try to circulate the air in the room. There was no hairdryer available and the staff leaves at 4:00 pm every day so there's no one to call. The 2nd morning there, I asked again for a room on a lower floor with 2 beds (I would have been satisfied with an either/or) and was told that if anyone else came in and requested that kind of room, they would get it. In other words, no go. On a happier note, the breakfast room was lovely and the food was good but overpriced. The location is excellent - in the city center but on a quiet side street.

Room tip: I would definitely choose a lower floor if you have luggage.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family