“Amazing, original food and a great assortment of beers!”

Witloof From Belgium
Ranked #3 of 23 Dessert in Maastricht
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

If you really like good food and beers you need to visit this restaurant! The people are very friendly, the food was really good and the beers are tasteful!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 14, 2018

This was the best restaurant on our 2 week stay in the Netherlands! Wonderful food and service. The mussels were wonderful. The selection of Belgium beer is I think over 300. The staff will help you choose a beer if you tell them what you like. I would recommend reservations.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

If you are searching for the amazing place with tasty food, huge variety of beers and the sweetest stuff, you should stop searching! Witloof is the best place you can possibly find!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is located near the leafy Square in Maastricht, it is relatively easy to find and does not have a big entrance. Upon entering we are greeted by the manager and asked to take our coats, he then leads us to a table and explains the beer pairing concept and the menu to us and offered to us to go downstairs into their beer cellar and choose a beer, alternatively he offers to give us a recommendation. They have over 350 types of beer and the menu guides you to the appropriate beer.

The interior and the atmosphere of this place is extremely pleasant: nice tiling on the walls and the floors, nice tablesetting and great art. The guests range from families to couples to friends. The play their own pirate radio station in the background which is a nice touch. The staff at this restaurant are incredibly attentive: several waitresses come around and ask you if you are satisfied. They are very professional and are experts with beer. As a starter my father and I ordered the hazelnut, goats cheese and endive salad. Great quality ingredients but in my opinion the “sour dressing”was too sour. The bread they served along side was hands down one of the best rye breads I’ve ever had. We also ordered two spinach cheese croquettes which were homemade and excellent. As a main I ordered the mussels with a white wine, celery and onion sauce. The mussels were tasty and fresh, the sauce was a little bland. The fries were exceptional. The mussels came with a side salad which was good. The beer we drank with our food was extremely good.

The prices of this restaurant are good. The beer can be more expensive, depends which one you choose (some beers go up to 30€). The food prices are reasonable. I totally enjoyed this restaurant due to its excellent service, good food and great interior. Would definitely come back here.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 23, 2018

Was able to get an early dinner reservation - easy to get online and recommended. The staff is very attentive and helpful. Sadly, I would say the salad and fries were the best part of the meal. But that salad dressing was really good. The food was all good, but for us, just not great. I had the fish soup and my husband had mussels.

Date of visit: February 2018