See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 6, 2015

I booked this hotel because I wanted to stay away from the centre city of Roermond but near the Roermond Designer Outlet. Its abt less than 10km away. The Hotel is popular with local business man and retirees as the hotel runs a wellness centre. The hotel ground is surrounded by greeneries.The front desk is very attentive and helpful. Its just 2 floors , so no lifts. We were travelling light so that was not an issue. Rooms and toilet are a bit small. No aircon, so we slept with the windows aopen bit. However, there was one mosquito got into the room.The washing basin is really small half semicircle with a protruding tap, makes washing a bit difficult. Otherwise shower space was big. Wifi log in thru various server and some times get dropped. Not very stable and strong. We had dinner at the restaurant. Ordered a seabass and salad, which turned out to be surprising good. The hotel is also located 3km away from a big retail park which has a big supermarket, homeware and sports shop. Good location and easy to get on to highway to head anywhere in netherlands.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2015

This hotel with fresh interior and has pretty decent standard to have shared bathroom solution for the rooms. A little off track 10-15 min walking to the few pubs in Swalmen. But if the hotels Spa area keep you busy you are well off....

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2014

The funny thing is, I am rating this place highly but they forgot to book me in on the night I stayed! An error was made at the desk and I was not expected. Not a problem though, I was sat down in the bar with a free beer and nibbles and asked to wait while they sorted a room. The beer was worth the wait and the room was great. Clean and tidy and very fairly priced. The hotel seems close to a large road on the map but you would not know it by visiting.
The bed was comfortable and the included breakfast was the best I have had in ages, despite it being a simple dutch breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2014 via mobile

We had a very pleasant stay at the Asselt Hotel !

We had booked for a twin room with separate shower, and when we arrived the staff offered us an vacant room with included bathroom !
Thank you so much ! ;-)

The breakfast is tasty, lots of choice available, we did not try the bar nor did we try the restaurant but they seemed well-driven just like the rest if the establishement is.

Close to Roermondt, car/bike needed though.

Aroud the hotel il a calm and peaceful countryside, to have a walk in.
The staff is very efficient and polite, the rooms are very nice.
There's also a sauna/hammam/fitness complex.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed there 2 nights . Staff was friendly and helpful. Sleep was nice and cosy. Lack of any toiletries in the bathroom. Breakfast coffee is just awful. Traveling from Roermond by taxi is expensive and it takes total bill for hotel way too much over the budget what I would be ready to pay again for similar space.

• Stayed: May 2014