See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 28, 2015 via mobile

We spent 4 nights here. We were on top floor,corner room overlooking small square.Yes lots of stairs and narrow we are senior citizens yet managed. Wonderful breakfast included in cost of room. We did have private bath. 10 minute walk to bus and train station,staff friendly enough.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cmh797
Reviewed April 15, 2015

This is a hostel, not a hotel. It keeps things simple and extremely clean. For anyone, who is not in need of pampering, this is the location to save money, have access to the heart of Eindhoven, and the ''normal'' part of the city. Not designed for handi-cap, due to the stairs, it has an old world charm with just the basics. The rooms are plenty large enough for visitors, containing only a chair and bed for the room I stayed in. But, the built in dresser/closet, and sink/shower combination made up for a common bathroom that had been used by no one else during my entire stay.

The concept of hostels have been around for years, but people have gotten so used to all the 'frills' that when they see this location, they forget its primary purpose: to supply a safe, clean, and inviting bed for the evening. An alternate place to store your items, while seeing the sights.

The cost of my room was approximately 1/3 of the cost of a higher level hotel, which I would not have spent any time in anyway.

The only issue I had was that I had forgotten to get the free wi-fi password for this location, yet failed to get it due to another guest being exceedingly rude to staff that were indeed pleasant themselves. To everyone's relief they departed the next morning. Not true of the staff that provided good care and were concerned with guest needs.

If you have never stayed in a hostel prior, have no need for frills, willing to walk stairs and save money doing all of those things listed here, then Hotel Benno is the place for you.

5 - 10 minutes walk from the train station. Enjoy the wonderful sights and just relax.

I enjoyed my stay so much that Hotel Benno is on my ''places to stay'' lists.

Room Tip: Be willing to walk the stairs, instead of insisting on being close to or on the ground floor. Be adventurous!
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Patricia C
Reviewed March 28, 2015

I have just came from this hotel.Service is horrible,You have to do check In after 2.00 p.m.If you need something from reception desk you have to call by phone as there will be nobody there.Today as I was waiting for breakfast some residents have to leave without having breakfast as they have to leave to the airport.They opened after 7.30 a.m.When I arrived I was given a room that it seems it was part of reception area,There was a large window and was easily watched from outside area.,The desk officer told me that he had given me the best room.As I refused to have it I was given one upstairs,
About cleaning in the last day of my staycleaners did not reach the shower as they left the empty shampoo bottles from last day, So never again.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2015 via mobile

Very small chamber, the sink was in the room , the bathroom on the coridor would not repeat the experience. The good thing at least is near the centre of the city you can reach the stores very fast just a few blocks away.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2014

I basically had just moved to The Netherlands and needed a temporary place to stay until I could find a permanent place. Sadly there aren't many cheap hotels to choose from in Eindhoven and Hotel Benno seemed like the best option. I didn't have much high expectations judging by the price (50 euro per night) but was expecting a decent stay judging by the fact that I had previously stayed at Easy Hotel in Rotterdam which I paid less for and was lightyears better than Hotel Benno.

Moving on to my stay, I was rather disappointed as soon as I checked into the hotel and saw my room. It was awfully small and didn't have a private bathroom. The night before I had just stayed at Easy Hotel in Rotterdam which I paid 40 euro for, had my own private bathroom, working tv and Internet, a double bed and could control the temperature of my room. At Hotel Benno I had a single bed, as I just stated no private bathroom, the Internet didn't work for me and my telvision was broken. The television plug was unplugged so naturally I tried to plug it to see if it works and as I did so I almost got electrocuted. I couldn't control the temperature in my room either and there was an unpleasant smell in my room. I later on tried to shower and the bulb in the bath room was broken and couldn't shower.

I stayed there for a few days and noticed that they don't change the sheets daily either. And you can hear everything that is happening on your floor so don't expect much peace either.

Overall I was awfully disappointed and wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone under any circumstances.

• Stayed: September 2014