We stayed at La Festa over Christmas and New Year in the least expensive room. The B&B is very conveniently located, just outside the 9 Streets area at the southern end of the Jordaan. It's close to major tram and bus routes, including a direct bus (route 197) to/from Schipol Airport.
The room and attached bathroom was spacious (for Europe), with modern furiniture and fittings, an excellent shower with a good strong flow of hot water, very comfortable bed and (importantly) plenty of cupboard and drawer space. There was also an in-room safe. Entry to the B&B and the room itself was via two separate electronic keys.
Breakfast is not included in the base room rate but is available at an adjacent coffee lounge for an additional fee (a discount on the usual prices of the coffeee lounge). Tea and coffee making facilities are included in the room as is a supply of tea, coffee, milk and sugar, although it might be nice if there was a supply of normal English breakfast tea, rather than Earl Grey and other spiced teas.
Unusually for a B&B, our room was serviced every day (except New Year's Day). Soap and shampoo were provided and regularly replenished. Towels were replaced daily.
Our room faced the street but we experienced little noise, New Year's Eve excepted (when Amsterdam goes fireworks mad). Hazenstraat carried largely pedestrian and bicycle traffic, with only occasional use by motor vehicles.
La Festa is above a pizzeria of the same name. We did not try the restaurant, although it was always busy. The B&B is in an area well serviced by restaurants and coffee shops. There is an Albert Hein supermarket (with ATMs) within 100m, and a major 7 day a week fresh food street market about 1km away. The B&B is about a 15 min walk from Dam Square, and about 200m from major tram routes, including the No 17 to Dam Square and Centraal. It's a fairly short walk from the B&B to the Westerkirk and Anne Frank House, a similar walk to the Leidesplein entertainment area, and about a 1km walk to the Reichsmuseum and the up market shopping street PC Hoof Straat.
We found La Festa's proprietor to be very friendly and welcoming. He is fluent in English.
Overall we found La Festa to be clean, comfortable, fairly spacious, very convenient and excellent value for Amsterdam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Bed & Breakfast La Festa, we take pride in offering highly personalised service in sleek, stylish, contemporary accommodations at highly competitive rates. Our B&B in the Jordaan area offers all the amenities you would expect of a four-star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca and Priceline so you can book your B&B La Festa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b&b La Festa Hotel Amsterdam
- Bed And Breakfast La Festa