“Excellent way to find out the history of WWII”

Amsterdam in World War II Walking Tour
Ranked #4 of 415 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn about the terrible experiences of Amsterdam during the Nazi occupation of World War Two, visit the famous sites of the Golden Age. We also offer tailor made family tours. A must for those with a passion for History. For details and bookings go to our website.
Reviewed 23 February 2012

With Peter as our guide both myself and my partner found this tour excellent, with Peter's passion and knowledge about Amsterdam in WWII (and his pictures to bring the story to life) we had a very enjoyable and informative walk. I would recommend this tour to anyone who would like to discover more about Amsterdam during the dark days of WWII. Thank you Peter.

1  Thank Ian F

Reviewed 19 February 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our tour with Peter on 13th Feb '12. He is a very friendly, knowledgeable guide who made us feel at ease immediately. He has a wealth of information about WW11 and the impact the war had on Amsterdam and the Jewish people living there. He is obviously very keen to show visitors his city and his use of pictures and other info made his explanations even clearer. It was very good to speak to someone who actually lives in the city and he was happy to talk to us about the differences in our country.I would thoroughly recommend this tour for teenagers onwards!

1  Thank miller55
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Peter is a very well informed, intelligent, nice guy, who clearly loves Amsterdam and its history. During the tour we learnt of the horrors that the Jews went through during the clearances. He took us to spots that are probably forgotten about in this vibrant city. A well run tour full of facts put over in a very professional way. If your visiting Amterdam, make sure this tour is at the top of your list of things to do.

3  Thank jon m
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Very much enjoyed this 2 hour walking tour with Peter, a very knowledgable and likeable person who has an obvious passion for his subject. If you really want to picture what it was like when the Germans invaded Amsterdam, and understand how it was for the locals then this is the tour for you.

3  Thank gabbyhau
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I took this tour in Jan. 2012 while in Amsterdam on business. Another co-worker of mine recommended this tour and I was very glad I took his advice. As this was my first time in Amsterdam, I found the tour to be a wonderful way to see some interesting parts of the city and learn my way around for more detailed exploring later in the week. I have always been interested in history and particularly WWII. My relatives fought in the Pacific as Marines or Navy men so I did not have any personal family stories about the war in Europe. This 2 hr tour was an eye-opener and I could have spent another 2 hrs with guide Peter learning more and more. Needless to say I highly recommend this wnoderful adventure!

3  Thank jjparks