Book In Advance
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews walking tour great tour company guide dutch history
Reviewed 5 days ago

What an incredible 3.5 hour walking tour of Amsterdam with Chloe. She was so knowledgeable in so many areas and took us to places I am sure we would never have seen. I felt like we walked the city like a local. The most memorable thing on this tour was Chloe showing us Stumbling Stones in the Jewish center of Amsterdam. Very sobering. We also found Stumbling Stones in Budapest, and would not have know what they were.Chloe also gave us great recommendations of places to eat.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

One of, if not the best walking tours we have been on. Chloe our guide was simply OUTSTANDING. Engaging, knowledgeable and anxious to explain the history, customs, and nuances of the Dutch people. She made it a truly enjoyable and memorable afternoon. My comment at the end, “we should get college credit for this tour.” Highly recommend the tour and Chloe. You will not disappointed.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Very interesting tour of the heart of Amsterdam. The tour guide was knowledgeable and friendly.
I have learned a lot in 3 hours.

jendlin, Manager at WOW Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Well Judith this could have been any of our guides, but I am going to guess whoever it was enjoyed doing it for you.

Thanks
Sean J

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Did the walking tour Saturday morning with Chloe and had a great time . Will recommend to all of my acquaintances visiting Amsterdam.
5 stars to Chloe

jendlin, Manager at WOW Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

great thanks for the review of Chloe's tour. As she is our newest guide this review will do a lot to build her confidence.

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked our tour based on Trip Advisor reviews. We arrived early to the designated meeting place. Our guide, Chloe, arrived promptly. She did not have anything indicating she was the Wow Walking Tour guide. One of the couples on the tour told her they had a difficult experience finding the meeting spot and mentioned they were looking for a sign or a person wearing a shirt identifying them as a Wow Tour guide. This was mentioned in comments about the tour. She proceeded to tell us they really don’t do that?! If the company really does not have tour guides easily identified then they should not advertise as such. Chloe told the group she was a rather new resident and quickly told us she had been studying the history of Amsterdam, oh and she has a Dutch boyfriend, hence living in the Netherlands. Her inexperience was reflected in that she kept repeating certain historic references. A co-guide Tyler was along on the tour and the specific references he made to buildings and neighborhoods was far more interesting. Also too many references were made by Chloe as to how much better things were in Amsterdam. Best to keep neutral when leading tour groups from all over the world. It is wonderful to embrace ones new surroundings just be careful as not to offend others in the process.

jendlin, Manager at WOW Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Hello and thank you for your valuable input- This will do a lot in helping Chloe learn her trade. Also the reason why you had a second guide on the tour was to support our new employee. Everyone has to start someplace at the beginning, right? You are now part of Chloes first experiences in leading guests. I believe she will become one of our best guides. I hope you can come back and see this in her future reviews.

Reviewed June 6, 2018

I did a walking tour with Tyler and it was fantastic. I book a lot of tours and really enjoyed this one. He was nice, great paced, and knowledgeable. Hope to visit again.

jendlin, Owner at WOW Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2018

Thank you for your review on the experience you had with Ty. I will be sure to pass it along. Hope you can visit our great city again, and hear more memorable stories. Give us a call and we can pair you with Tyler on one of his beer tasting tours or food tours. Just send us a request. Best. Sean J