Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Van Gogh Museum
from US$23.40
from US$64.20
from US$32.70
from US$150.70
55,564 results
All reviews his life starry night his brother audio guide his contemporaries his friends famous works chronological order famous paintings art lovers gift shop great collection on display skip the line buy your tickets long line time slot
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The museum is located in a new building which very nicely showcases the Masterpieces of Van Gogh. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There is a nice gift shop which offered an assortment of Van Gogh books, gifts, etc.

The museum is quite large and exhibits are nicely spaced - although, of course, there were always a crowd at the more popular pieces. But, overall, the museum did not feel ''crowded". The museum did an excellent job of providing a personal history of Van Gogh so you could understand the progression of his artwork as he aged due to his life circumstances.

Definately worth a visit while in Amsterdam. We did do a 'timed entry' ticket as our time in the city was limited and felt it was worth the effort of obtaining a ticket to ensure that we were able to see the museum according to our itinerary.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Came here last week of March and was able to see the Van Gogh and Japan exhibition(closes in June) . So much I did not know about his beginings as an artist.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

I confess, I am not a fan but that doesn’t usually stop me being interested in an art gallery. I go to them regularly. I’m not sure if it was the 7 mile queue to hang up the coats, or the lack of being able to take photos but having to take the camera because they won’t let you leave it, or the sheer volume of people, but you kind of get the picture (no pun intended). It simply didn’t grab me and was an expensive way to get frustrated.

Art lovers will adore it, so ignore me!

2  Thank MrsSparty
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We bought HollandPass online to go to this museum and arrived Mar 29 on my birthday and departed 2 April. On the 30th we went to the ticket office and were informed that we could not access this museum and the HollandPass failed to advise that you had to book in advance.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Loved the Van Gogh museum! Having to buy the tickets online made it easier to deal with the mad dash of people. Although Starry night isn't there, the Van Gogh and Japan section made up for it! Awesome museum!!!