“Crispy delicious fries”

Price range: US$2 - US$4
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Description: Vleminckx the Sausmeester (sauce master) is located in Amsterdam since 1957. Vleminckx sells Belgium fries and is specialized in 25 types of sauces. For over 55 years the Sauce master stands for quality, sells home-made fries and that nowadays is unique. Many locals and tourist visit this spot in the city centre of Amsterdam. We are known for the many different sauces which can be chosen at the paper cornet Belgium fries.
Reviewed March 20, 2018

This was the first place my family stopped off to when we arrived at Amsterdam. Heard the wonderful reviews and said we MUST try it. It's a tiny stand but It did not disappoint. Since it was the middle of the day, around 2pm, there really was no line. Later on, the line formed again. We decided to get the large fries with garlic sauce. Although I love garlic, it's more like a garlic flavored mayonnaise. I'm not a big fan of mayonnaise so I didn't love the sauce. If I had known it was more like mayonnaise, I would've just eaten them plain or purchased ketchup instead. You have to buy the fries and sauces separately. They have a large option of sauces but each one costs money. You should definitely try it. Fries were crispy and delicious. It's expensive for french fries but since it was a snack, we were ok splurging. I guess you could get it as a meal and it would make a very cheap meal but you would need to eat the large by yourself to feel full. Three of us shared the large as a snack.

1  Thank julianN6595IY
Write a ReviewReviews (1,556)

Reviewed March 20, 2018

Pretty much the greatest fries in town. Amazing toppings too. I have been there many times and never had bad experience. Recommended Fries "oorlog"with peanut sauce, mayo and onions. Also fresh cheese sauce is great.

2  Thank Sylwia_Beyonce
Reviewed March 5, 2018

When it comes to fries - Amsterdam has many spots to offer. Vlaams Friteshuis Vlemincks takes the first place easily. Crispy fries, fried to perfection with awesome mayo.

3  Thank Uri R
Reviewed February 22, 2018

best fries in Amsterdam!!Small size costs 3€!! taste curry ketchup!
Just taste them are delicious!!!

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank StavroulaM20
Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

One of the most amazing chips I have tasted ! The right amount of crispiness and fried to perfection ! Just loved this I guess I will travel to Amsterdam just for these chips !

Date of visit: February 2018