“Great fries and selection of sauces”

Vlaams Friteshuis Vleminckx
Ranked #12 of 76 Quick Bites in Amsterdam
Price range: US$2 - US$4
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Description: Vleminckx the Sausmeester (sauce master) is located in Amsterdam since 1957. Vleminckx sells Belgium fries and is specialized in 25 types of sauces. For over 55 years the Sauce master stands for quality, sells home-made fries and that nowadays is unique. Many locals and tourist visit this spot in the city centre of Amsterdam. We are known for the many different sauces which can be chosen at the paper cornet Belgium fries.
Reviewed April 24, 2018

After reading about this place before visiting Amsterdam I visited on my first day there and the fries were so good I came back for some more on my final day. So much sauces to choose from. I personally went for curry ketchup the first time and the satay sauce the second time. Both sauces were delicious and the fries were great both times. Crispy on the outside and soft/fluffy on the inside. I will definitely visit again if/when I return to Amsterdam.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank dolphinmarlin
Write a ReviewReviews (1,557)

Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

The fries were very very crispy which is how I like them. Good sauce choices, fast, just wish the sauce came included in the price! Of course not nearly as good as belgian friteries but thats fine because I'm not in belgium, am i?

1  Thank DayTrip751728
Reviewed April 17, 2018 via mobile

I have been there only once, quiet not expensive. Took a medium fries and could not even finish it (too much for me) and paid about 5€ (no drink)
Highly recommended for people who wants to try Mayo-Fries (berlgium style)

1  Thank Rouma017
Reviewed April 13, 2018

Daughter loved the fries so much, we went back for more. She tried the ones with ketchup and I tried the ones with mayo. Both of them were amazing.

Don't forget to pick up the mini fork. The restaurant across the street is nice and lets you enjoy your fries in peace if you buy something to drink. Do it!

1  Thank RachanaMundra
Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

There is no where in the world that makes fries so tasty.
Simply brilliant
A must do event in Amsterdam

3  Thank MKISC