7,979 results
All reviews sky lounge the executive lounge double tree warm cookies apple tv great location rooftop bar train tracks guest services city view floor to ceiling windows top floor river cruise modern hotel amsterdam centraal excellent hotel early check
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Another Amsterdam stay (U2 in town again), and another stay at Doubletree Centraal Station.Would not stay anywhere else. Excellent service, as usual.Extra credit needs going to Saskia - Many Thanks!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

It is truly wonderful to receive such a great feedback. We always strive to provide our guests with the most personal and friendly service and I am so glad that you experienced it as such. Please know that I have shared your kind words with Saskia as well. She was very humbled by your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed October 14, 2018

Save your money and go to one of the many bars in the central district or red light district. At least you can get waited on by someone who probably cares that you are there. The Sky Bar at the Doubletree has a great view, but the four, count them, FOUR bartenders are so busy showboating that they can’t fill a simple drink order! Took a half hour to get two glasses of wine and a beer. Then it took another twenty minutes to try to get someone to pay attention to you to get the bill. Finally had to go to the bar to get their attention and ask for a bill. This was on a Sunday night!!!! Cannot even imagine what it would be like on a busy night.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent stay in our hotel. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your overall stay with us, however I do understand from your feedback that you did not feel like your visit of SkyLounge Amsterdam was worth the value. It saddens me to read that we were not able to meet your expectations. Please know that we have immediately shared your feedback within the team.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed October 13, 2018

Awesome location, walking from Central and trams, market, etc etc - but you are not a 1 night stay destination property. Minimalistic theory is fine ( pricing does not convey that), but comfort is the first sign of good hospitality. Small Room size acceptable, but bare walls, a closet fit for not even 1 person - putting in a wheely closet, makes the room look like a hostel room.
Such good property, great staff, do something about your rooms. Make people feel at home - once they are in the room.
Not a family hotel, probably eh. Business hotel, huh

Room Tip: ask for corner rooms - though odd sized at least big and don't carry luggage
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent stay in our hotel and thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I do understand from your feedback that you did not feel like your stay was worth the value. My sincerest apologies if your stay was not as you expected.
Please know that we have designed our rooms to offer a comfortable stay with all facilities you may expect from a 4 star property, making maximum use of the limited space available on a prime city center location. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

We had a excuitive suite, wow the views over the cannel was amazing, floor to ceiling windows, loads of space, lovely bath and very nice powerful shower. Nice touch having the excuitive lounge for soft drinks and coffee, took our drinks out the front as weather was fabulous to sit outside.
Only 5min walk from central station, great hotel to stay in.
Evening meal very good and the buffet breakfast very large choice of hot and continental food.sky bar on roof very nice for cocktail, bit expensive but worth the view
Will defo book here again

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

I started and finished my vacation here as it is super close and convenient to Amsterdam Centraal station and the Airport. We had arrived around 7 am from an overnight flight. Pretty exhausted, hungry, out of sorts from the time change. I had requested an early check in but also knew that it might not be possible in an early Sunday morning. Steven at the front desk tried super hard to make it happen. He got us into a room about 2 hours after. Greatly appreciated! The Starbucks in the lobby is clean and very fast. When we got back to Amsterdam after 2 weeks of other travels, the hotel was again awesome. Check in was easy, and got upgraded for the executive lounge and free drink vouchers. The rooms both times had great views, very clean, and couldn't hear other guests through the walls. The breakfast buffet is fantastic. Everything was super fresh and such a wide variety of things to choose from. Excellent bread selection as well. It definitely has a wow factor. I didn't make it up to the sky lounge. Seemed cool though. Lobby Bar was great and had good service. The only minor thing that occurred was the last night we were there. The toilet had some troubles flushing. Would push the button and it would not really do anything. It seemed to sort itself out by the morning so it wasn't a big deal. The rest of the bathroom was great. Excellent water pressure in the shower. It also looked very sleek and updated. If I ever find myself in Amsterdam again(and I hope I do), I will definitely be returning to this hotel. Thanks for two great stays!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank karleen m

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent stay in our hotel and giving us the highest score possible! We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always strive to provide our guests with the most personal and friendly service and I am glad to see that you experienced it as such. I am happy to read that Steven did his best to provide you the early check-in!
We truly value you as our guest and we appreciate that you have taken the liberty to share your experiences with us. We look forward welcoming you back to our hotel again!