“Authentic Dutch Food - catering to the locals”
Review of La Falote

La Falote
Reserve with
La Falote is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #622 of 4,561 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Cuisines: Dutch
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
Description: Eethuisje La Falote is a typical Dutch restaurant in the Museum quarter. The best traditional Dutch kitchen in town, more than 30 years. Simple, but nice and straight. Now, we also are open for lunch, starts at 13.00 hs - 4 minutes walking from Museum square - 7 minutes walking from the Albert Cuyp market - Tram nr 3 and nr 5 stops on the corner Our dishes are still traditionally prepared by the chef Peter. That is why the menu includes dishes that fit the season, such as stews and peas with bacon in winter, and in summer salads and fish. The Dutch classic, the meatball, is always on the menu. In addition, La Falote has a daily and weekly changing menu, often with simply Dutch meals.
Reviewed September 17, 2017

The restaurant is small and caters to local clientele; my kind of place when traveling abroad. The owner Peter Van der linden came out and personally reviewed the menu with us - ultimately telling us EVERYTHING on the menu was excellent. My wife had The Dutch Beef stew - what flavor! Excellent! I had the schnitzel; equally as good. (My wife and I always get something different and share). Additionally they brought no less than 4 side dished which would have easily fed 4 people. Needless to say, we left stuffed! The restaurant is somewhat antiquated but I love how authentic it is. If I ever find myself back in Amsterdam, it will be a destination stop for us for sure!

Reviewed August 22, 2017

Set in a very small space, this restaurant offers real Dutch food with excellent service. Try the beef stew - it is delicious!

Reviewed August 10, 2017

This was a recommendation. But when I went in and saw this old Dutch restaurant style from the 50ies/60ies, I first wanted to leave. We stayed, and had some of the best Dutch food ever. The owner/cook came out of the kitchen at one point and started to sing and play akkordeon at every tabel! There was a mixed audience of old Dutch people to young international people. great atmosphere.
I recommend the stamppot, steak and pea soup, as well as the appletart.

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here and I can only describe the experience as excellent! The chef Peter came out of the kitchen to personally welcome us, advise on the menu, as well as find out more about us. He then hauled out his accordion to entertain us with beautiful music. All this before he cooked us a delicious meal! The waitress was helpful and efficient. The food was great! Superb value for money. Generous portions, delicious, with a focus on local cuisine. I highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely return when next I am in Amsterdam.

Reviewed July 28, 2017

This is a fairly typical Dutch Restaurant, smallish and with extremely friendly staff. It was my birthday and when the chef was told he came with a small cake with a candle and later he brought out his accordion and we were treated to typical Dutch songs, although he did sing a French one. There were 2 other couples and it was all very friendly. The food was good and I have no hesitation to recommend this restaurant for a pleasant and slightly away from the touristy areas evening.