3,624 results
All reviewsrembrandt parktram stopfree shuttle from the airportthe hotel shoprooftop bardam squareshuttle servicenumber tramhour passlovely parkcorner roomtakes you straighttop floorlovely hotelcity taxcentral stationminute walk from the hotel
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for my husband's 40th birthday present, paid €95 to upgrade the room to the executive suite. Was told you would get a breakfast in the room on one morning, a cake and the room decorated, this was a slice of cheese cake and a few balloons which was a little disappointing, but the breakfast was amazing, we had so much food!! Was even able to make up sandwiches for later in the day. The hotel it's self was really nice and staff were really welcoming. The bed and the pillows in the room were amazing and we had the best 3 nights sleep. We went up to floor 17 of a drink one of the evenings, but was literally 1 as was very expensive. It is a little out of the centre of Amsterdam but this was quite nice as had to get the tram in and saw places you wouldn't normally see. We really liked it here and would definitely stay here if we get to visit again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Roelof G, Front Office Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Dear Jody E,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for leaving us some nice words. Your review is highly valued.
Let me start by apologising about the birthday package that was not up to standard, please be assured that i have immediately taken this up with my colleagues incharge of this, so it does not happen again.
I am however very glad to read that you enjoyed the breakfast, it is indeed a great variety.

I am all smiles reading that the bed and pillow specifically make your night rest better. Having a good night rest while with us is really a priority of ours.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally on your next stay with us, I will be my pleasure to welcome you personally and make sure you have a more special stay this time around.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

This hotel was a bit of a disappointment - I've unfortunately been to better hotels in the area as well as the city center. For starters, after spending three nights at the Ramada Apollo and leaving a "Please make up our room" sign on the door the first day, and actually calling housekeeping the second day because they did not make up our room for two days in a row, we came back from a long day out to find that our room was STILL not made up! We finally made a complaint at the front desk and let them know that this was unacceptable. They were kind enough to offer us a free shuttle to the airport as an apology. However, despite having had our room number and all our details, the shuttle left because we went down ten minutes late. We were at the front desk at 10:10 a.m. instead of 10:00 a.m., checked out, and asked about our shuttle upon which we were told it's outside waiting for us. We went outside and looked around, realized that there were two buses parked with no driver in sight. So we went back in, asked another staff member at the front desk who tried to call the driver, told us that he wasn't picking up and that "it's actually 10:15 a.m. - you're late, he probably left." We ended up ordering an uber to the airport instead. What an apology that was for spending three nights at a hotel without our room being made up and a clean set of towels being placed - A free shuttle ride to the airport that wont wait for you, pick up the hotel staff's calls, and wont try to notify you that s/he's done waiting for you - because how big of a deal is a missed flight, right?
The hotel is about a 5 minute walk away from two different tram stations and a 20-30 minute tram ride to the city center They do not offer any umbrellas unlike other hotels in the area and given that you're far from the center, by a large park, and will most likely want to do quite a bit of walking that was a huge drawback. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Roelof G, Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Dear Nada A,

Thank you for leaving us your highly valued feedback. I am sincerely sorry to understand that there were several aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectation.

I was unable to allocate a personal email address based on your Tripadvisor account. I would really love to get in personal touch with you so that I may perhaps still be able to restore some of your faith in our hotel.

In any case, we have indeed been the ''victim'' of extensive works on the tramline. As such, the tram connection that ensures a very swift connection with the city and is located right in front of the hotel is currently out of order. We do try to inform our guests to the best of our ability, but the total time to travel to the city is indeed a bit longer.

As to the shuttle and the housekeeping standards. We should have done a better job in this regard. I would like to highlight how our reception staff and shuttle drivers do their outmost to ensure a smooth connection to the airport. I can only imagine that some sort of miscommunication has led to you missing the shuttle. In any case, I would like to compensate you for the taxi that you had to take.

Dear Nada A, I cannot undo the experience that you had during your recent stay with us. I do hope to receive an e-mail from you so that we can make some arrangements. My email address is roelof.gjaltema@ramada-apolloamsterdam.com.

Many thanks for your consideration in advance and best regards,

Roelof

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Just back after a long week end in Amsterdam with my family.
Very nice hotel with big rooms with view, good breakfast selection and very nice top terrace.
Not far from tram stop and bike rental available.
A nice playground for kids in the park in front of the hotel

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Alessia M

Dear Alessia M,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for leaving us your valued feedback.
I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us and we were able to make it a great stay for you and your family.

The breakfast is indeed a great way to start your day here, it is very fresh with alot of variety.

I am delighted to see that you made use of the bike rental. That is an excellent way to also get around in Amsterdam and experience the city like a local. Although the tram is also very efficient just as you have mentioned.

The rembrandtpark is a great park with the little playground for kids. Even nicer now that summer is coming around, it is a great spot for a nice family picnic or barbecue :-)

I do hope i will have the pleasure to welcome you back again with us on your next trip to Amsterdam

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I booked with the hotel’s personal airport shuttle service. We were standing at the front entrance and the shuttle service we had booked had already left 10 minutes before it was due to. We queried this with the hotel manager who basically called us liars and said that the shuttle left on time at 10am even though we were standing outside the entire time and no on had told us the shuttle was there or had already left! We then had to book a taxi and nearly missed our flat home due to the shocking customer service from the hotel manager!!

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank lloydc1234
Roelof G, General Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear Lloydc1234,

First of all, I would like to sincerely thank you for having stayed with us!

Second, I am sincerely sorry to understand that the experience you had upon departure was not the pleasant of ones. I was away for a business trip, so I can only imagine you must have spoken with one of our duty managers. Still, I would really like to get in touch with you in order to further discuss this matter and make sure we get to a satisfying solution.

Based on your Tripadvisor account name, I was not able to trace your mail address, could you only be so kind to send me an e-mail at erikjan.bausch@apollohotels.nl?

I do hope to get in touch, many thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Erik-Jan Bausch
Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Excellent hotel 10 minutes from the centre by tram. Our room was on a corner with great views of the city, massive comfortable bed and spotlessly clean. The tram stop is a couple of minutes walk through the park and they run every few minutes til midnight (number 13). We had a bit of a weird experience in the hotel restaurant the night we arrived-we paid €37 each for 3 courses but couldn’t choose our food! It was a surprise!! Quality of food was excellent but not what we would have chosen. However, it was our mistake as when we were leaving the restaurant we spotted a menu in the bar with burgers, fish etc. Breakfast was great, loads of choice but choose your times carefully-we went 1 morning at 8.30 and it was packed-another at 7.30 and it was fairly quiet. The bar on the 17th floor is lovely-good atmosphere, city views and reasonably priced drinks. Only complaint is the complimentary shuttle bus when you arrive-it only has 8 seats and there were at least 16 of us waiting for it! We had to pay for a taxi with 3 other couples but when we arrived at the hotel the staff arranged free transport for us back to the airport ( usually €7.50 each ) so make sure you’re first in the queue when you land! Overall a great hotel-would definitely recommend

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Cath47R,
Let me start by thanking you for your recent stay and awarding us a 5-star.
It is such a great read about your stay which has put smiles on my face, as this is what we work hard to make sure our guests feel at the end of their stay.

I am so delighted to read that your room, and other facilities in the hotel contributed to your overall stay.
I completely agree with you that the public transport is a great and easy way to get around in Amsterdam. Did you also try using the bikes, to explore like a local? This is something you should definitely try on your next visit.

Very nice to read that you tried our fine dining on the Floor 17. Like you mentioned it is usually kept as a surpise by the chef. The Bar bistro menu is also a great choice, do make sure to try this also the next time.

With regards the shuttle service, It indeed accomodates just 8 persons per ride, and we have been working hard to make this much better for our guest. Therefore, we do have since this month a 2nd shuttle service also running to and from the airport. Making it 2 shuttle services every 20 minutes to serve out guests much better.

I do hope i will have the pleasure to welcome you back to stay with us in the near future.

Rooms Divisions Manager