3,697 results
All reviews rembrandt park tram stop free shuttle from the airport the hotel shop rooftop bar dam square shuttle service number tram hour pass corner room lovely park takes you straight top floor lovely hotel city tax central station minute walk from the hotel
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Stayed for one night when we had a concert in the middle of Amsterdam. Checked in late afternoon. We did not include breakfast in our booking and asked at the reception for the cost. They notified us it was 15 euros and we could decide later (next morning), show up at the reception and then go to the 17th floor roof bar to have breakfast. The room was small but clean, modern and convenient. Beds had rather small pillows but bigger ones were available in room. The morning we went to the gym and sauna (open at 7:00 am), the sauna was turned off but infrared and easy to turn on. After that we went to the reception to book the breakfast and us was told we had to take a credit card and pay at the breakfast buffet, strange, and it did not stop there. Once we were at the restaurant to have breakfast the price raised to a whopping 18,50 euros!! We asked how come and us was told it is more expensive when you do NOT directly book it (very contradictory to what we heard earlier). As we both worked out we did not want to wait with our breakfast and payed for it... The breakfast itself was good, but seen our unpleasant suprise the fun was off. After having our breakfast we checked out and went on with our journey. Parking is in the garage below the venue, 20 euros a night. Wi-Fi is pretty much ok in the room.

Room Tip: 7th floor was fine
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2018

This hotel was good but there were some things that spoiled our stay.
There is a free shuttle from the airport which is great but on our arrival the bus was too small and 4 of us had to wait 40 minutes for it to return, The driver was very nice but surely the hotel knew how many guests were due to check in that night at that time . The bus which we booked and paid for on return journey to airport was much bigger and there were plenty empty seats on that journey. The time we had booked ,however was cancelled with no notification which meant we were pushed for time at airport.
The receptionist on our arrival was unsmiling and did not make us feel welcome, but all other staff were really nice, especially in the restaurant/ bar. The food and drink was expensive , bur nice. Service was painstakingly slow for drinks even though the bar was quiet.
Our thermostat wasn’t working and we had to move room on the 2nd night . The manager who dealt with this was friendly but it was still an inconvenience and our first night in the first room was very uncomfortable. The pillows were very uncomfortable.
The rooms were clean but our 2nd room had only 1 cup, no milk and no mirror in the room , only the bathroom.
These complaints seem minor but would be very easily sorted out .

2  Thank Pawstar
Reviewed October 10, 2018

The staff were polite and helpful. We had booked bed and breakfast but on arriving for breakfast the first morning we were told we had booked for breakfast but had to pay for it!!?? We called the tour operator who sorted it out really quickly then went to reception were a nice young man apologised profusely and as we did not get breakfast the first morning offered us breakfast in bed the following morning, late check out and free shuttle back to the airport. We booked a deluxe room but it was pretty basic to be honest but then again it’s only to sleep in and the beds were really comfy. Only a shower and I prefer a bath but that’s just personal preference. It’s out of the city but I preferred that and the trams are so cheap and easy to get around on. We would stay again if we return to Amsterdam.

Stayed: October 2018
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

The hotel inside and outside is very nice, but the room had no pillow and no cups for tea or coffee. They forgot to bring us some additional towels and I'm the end it took over an hour. The air conditioning didnt work and the tv was jumping on all channels so was unwatchable. And to top it off the hotel charged me twice! Poor overa

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Roelof G, Rooms Division Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Andrew W,
Thank you for your honest feedback with regards your recent stay with us.
I am sincerely sorry that your stay did not deliver exactly what you had hoped for.

I am truly quite shocked that your room did not have a pillow and no cups for tea or coffee upon check-in, because this should normally be set up in the room before a guest arrives. Did you directly ask my colleagues about this? I have immediately taken this up with my colleagues in the housekeeping department.
My apologies to also hear that it took so long to bring you up some extra towels.

Also with regards the air conditioning and TV, this should directly be handled by my colleagues on duty if it is mentioned. I am sorry this was not the case for you.

I would really like to take a look at your reservation in our system, also to check the double payment you mentioned. Furthermore, I would love to offer a proper solution for all the inconveniences you experienced while with us. As i cannot locate your reservation using your Tripadvisor name, I would kindly ask you to please send an email to grace.ofodile@ramada-apolloamsterdam.com.

Once again, my sincere apologies and I look forward to hear from you soon.

Kind regards
Grace
Front office supervisor

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and found it to be a good hotel that does what it says well. Nothing amazing but wasn’t expected.

One downside is the two beds pushed together thing which is annoying for a couple. And the square pillows were a bit strange and not ideal. Normal rectangle pillows would be better.

Otherwise it’s located near to a tram stop to go straight into the city so easy to get around.

Good simple hotel. And has a nice offer of 5 euros voucher for the restaurant if you won’t get your room cleaned each day. Great idea!