“Quality Hotel”

Ranked #41 of 368 Hotels in Amsterdam
Derby, England
“Quality Hotel”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Enjoyed our stay at this hotel, its about 25 minute walk to Dam Square but if you use the Tram 16, 5, or 24 not too bad at all. Rooms large we upgraded to a canal view. Being a five star hotel the breakfast is expensive at 27 Euro's but just walk to a nearby bakery of cafe.
One tip its probably cheaper by taxi from the airport to the hotel, than train to the center and then taxi. Cheaper still train to central station and then tram.

Room Tip: Canal Views are nice
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
RobertoPayer, General Manager at Hilton Amsterdam, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear Whadders,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and photos of the Hilton Amsterdam on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked your upgraded room with canal view.

I would like to inform you that when traveling via public transport, you could also travel via train station ‘Amsterdam Zuid’ (South). This is only 15 minutes walking from the hotel and easy accessible by tram number 5.

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Amsterdam and we hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Roberto Payer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (558)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Clean and comfortable hotel, very good restaurant. The food was the highlight for me. The room was as expected at a Hilton.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bazrat92
RobertoPayer, General Manager at Hilton Amsterdam, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear Bazrat92,

Thank you for leaving a review of the Hilton Amsterdam on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read your compliments regarding our hotel services and Roberto’s Restaurant. It is a pleasure to read that you experienced the food to be a highlight. I would like to inform you that Roberto’s Restaurant is awarded by Bib Gourmand and Gault Millau 2012.

Almancil, Portugal
Reviewed 12 March 2012

A brilliant trip for my sisters birthday to truly one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. It's a little bit out of the way from all of the mayhem of the city which I liked because it allowed escape after a days sightseeing. The trams were easily negotiated and several stops were around the hotel with just a short walk to the main entrance. As my husband is a Hilton honours holder we were entitled to visit to the onsite health centre and had a great morning chilling out and using the sauna and steam room. The bar area was very welcoming although €40 for 3 x Gin and Tonics was a little on the steep side!! My friend lost her purse in a cab on the way back from a restaurant (she is now banned from having pink daiquiri drinks!!) and the concierge guys located the cab driver and got her purse back untouched!!! just before we had to leave for the airport. Gio was fantastic and he got several hugs and kisses for helping us out. A absolute credit to the Hilton group and would return again

Room Tip: Canal view rooms are lovely
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joanne H
RobertoPayer, General Manager at Hilton Amsterdam, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear JoanneHagger,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a room tip and a review of the Hilton Amsterdam on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read your compliments regarding the location and the services of our hotel. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the birthday trip and that our porters assisted you in finding your sister’s purse back.

The Hilton Amsterdam is indeed located in a peaceful and residential area and is close to the city centre. The city centre is indeed easily accessible with public transport. The Hilton Amsterdam features a bike rental service, which is a good and a fun alternative for public transport. Especially during spring and summer this is a great experience to discover Amsterdam.

We would like to thank you for praising our Team Members. We do our utmost to ensure quality and Guest satisfaction at all times. Please rest assured I will share your compliments with them and with our porter ‘Gio’ in particular.

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Amsterdam and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Like I said, this hotel is on the edge of the city, BUT, is steps away from the amazing Tram system. You'll get anywhere you want to be within 5 mins. The staff are a tad pretentious and for some reason have a non-smoking weed with on grounds. Not even outside. The rooms were nice, clean and modern. With gorgeous views. I would stay here again. Plus it's away from the canal hotels where all the rats and mice are.

• Stayed April 2011
3 Thank LVGambler
HiltonAmsterdam, General Manager at Hilton Amsterdam, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear LVgambler,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor of Hilton Amsterdam.

It gives us great pleasure to read your positive comments regarding our hotel rooms, services and location.

The Hilton Amsterdam is located in the “Oud-Zuid” neighbourhood of Amsterdam, close to the Vondelpark and the Museumplein. We are glad that you enjoyed this peaceful neighbourhood and the easy connection to the city with the tram transportation.

I would like to inform you that as a result of local legislation our hotel is completely non-smoking, including all bedrooms. Smoking regular tobacco is permitted on the outside terrace.

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Amsterdam and we hope to be welcoming you with us again soon.

Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Although this Hilton is not exactly in the turistc distric of Amsteradm,but it is an excelent option to travelers willing to stay nearby the center area, but away from the noise and traffic. With excellent services and accomodations, it is located nearby three main tram lines, which makes a breeze the access to the center area of Amsterdam. Walking distance from the main museuns ans located in a beatiful and quite neighbourhood, this Hilton property has it all. The executive club at the top floor is a must see for the view and ultracelan decor.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Lmadrid,

Thank you very much for leaving a reply about the Hilton Amsterdam on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to read your kind words regarding our Executive Lounge and the location of the Hilton Amsterdam. The Executive Lounge on the 10th floor has a panoramic view of Amsterdam which is indeed very impressive.

The Hilton Amsterdam is indeed located in a peaceful residential area, easily accessible via public transport and close to the RAI and others main congress centres, as well as to the Vondelpark and the Museumplein with renowned museums like the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh museum.

Thank you for staying at Hilton Amsterdam and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This is the first time I'm writing a review about a hotel while I'm still staying in it, so it speaks volume what kind of excellent experience I am getting at this hotel. Each and every staff member of this hotel is friendly, kind and very helpful. My wife and 15-month toddler especially felt at home. My lil' one (LO) is making many friends during her stay, from the folks at the concierge, those who works in the restaurant and the executive floor lounge. A lady at the exec lounge especially likes to play with my LO, and she had so much patience that she allowed my LO to play with a cup full of water, only to wipe dry the places she poured water! Certainly more paience than the parents :) You may say this is part of 5-star hotel experience but I must say that it is beyond that. The warmth and friendly behavior of the staffs are genuine and beyond just greeting you for the sake of it. They want to get to know you better in order to serve you better during your stay. A truely remarkable hotel. Many many thumbs up from my wife and little princess Charlize of course :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Faister
Dear Faister,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the Hilton Amsterdam on TripAdvisor.

We are honored to read your praising words regarding our services and the hotel staff. It gives us great pleasure to read that you experience our service as beyond your expectation of a 5-star hotel. Please rest assured I will share your compliments with the team members.

Thank you for staying at Hilton Amsterdam and we hope to give you a warm welcome to the hotel in the near future.

Brattleboro
Reviewed 1 March 2012

On a recent trip to Europe, I stayed at a variety of four and five star hotels. The five star Hilton Amsterdam clearly distinguished itself from the four star hotel, and provided a truly special experience. The exterior pictures of the hotel really don't do it justice. Everything inside this Hilton is beautifully designed, modern and luxurious.

The executive room upgrade from my gold status provided me one of the nicest rooms I've ever stayed in. It even rivals the executive room I had at the Millenium Hilton in Bangkok. I had a 9th floor canal view room, and the views were remarkable. I could see almost all of Amsterdam. The bed was extremely comfortable, the TV was a brand new lcd LG 40", and the bathroom 100% marble. Everything had a recently renovated, modern and luxurious feel. Concierge provided a complimentary rental of a US power adapter for my laptop.

The executive lounge was one of the nicest I've ever been too. On the top 10th floor, it had panoramic views of the entire city. It was beautiful, and offered a wide array of food and drink options. From 6pm-10pm, there was not just basic beer and wine, but champagne, many varieties of wine, and six different kinds of liquor. A wealth of different kinds of food was served.

The fitness center had a very relaxing Turkish steam bath and sauna, that I had all to myself. With silver, gold or platinum honors status, it is free to use, and open late.

This Hilton provided me with some of the best service I've had the privilege of enjoying. Marian, of the executive lounge staff, was one of the nicest people I've ever met, and went above and beyond anything I could have expected to make sure I enjoyed my stay. The front desk manager also went the extra mile.

Between the modern, luxurious accommodations, numerous amenities, wonderful views, world class executive lounge, and service that went above anything I've ever experienced, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Amsterdam, and would love to go back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Oliver M
HiltonAmsterdam, General Manager at Hilton Amsterdam, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear xpsoliver,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave an extended review and your pictures of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would like to thank you for you kind comments regarding the view, room amenities and staff. Our Team Members take great pride in service delivery and we do our utmost to ensure quality and Guest satisfaction at all times so that we can exceed guest expectations. Please rest assured that I will share your comments with them, especially with Marian and the front desk manager.

Our televisions have recently been replaced after guest comments also here on Tripadvisor to LCD televisions on all the rooms.

I would like to inform you that the Health club with fitness centre is complimentary for Gold and Diamond Hhonors members.

Thank you for staying at Hilton Amsterdam and we hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.