NH Amsterdam Schiller
US$618
US$254
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$137
Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$88
Agoda.com
1,711 results
All reviewsrembrandt squaregreat locationfront facingbit noisy at nightlight sleepertram stopcentral locationbars and restaurantsflower marketmini barlarge roomstandard roomred light districtrembrandtpleinnoisertlbrasserie
Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful weekend with family, the NH hotel was very nice and clean although the rooms are very small but the rooms were clean and the staff are very friendly. I would recommend this hotel although a little bit pricey

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Schiller, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Dear Oiradanil,

Wonder full to read all the positive words regarding your stay with us here in Amsterdam.
Unfortunately the prices of the hotels in Amsterdam are a bit higher than the European standard, this is due the fact that the city is very popular for tourists but also due the small availability of hotels rooms in the old city center.

I hope to welcome you again as our guests when travels brings you back to the beautiful city Amsterdam.

Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

Great place to stay in Amsterdam great location.hotel very clean and staff friendly and helpful.food really good.st james gate wad also a great place to eat.if going back to Amsterdam would definately stay here.loved it.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Schiller, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for all the compliments. This is what we strive for!

I hope to welcome you again as our guest when travels bring you back to the beautiful city Amsterdam.

Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel on an offer for a Christmas break. Great location. Friendly staff. Just a couple of things to mention. The plug in the sink in the bathroom didn’t work properly. The TV remote didn’t work from the bed only closer to. The lamp on the table needed to be switched on from underneath so not ideal.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Schiller, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2017

Dear Sir/ Madam,

First of all thank you for your compliments about the location and staff.
Thank you for mentioning the defects in your room. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, i hope it didn't bother you to much. Please inform us next time immediately that we can solve this during your stay. I will communicate this with my team to pick this up.

Thank you a lot, I hope to welcome you again as our guests.

Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for a christmasy weekend. The hotel is in a great location if you want noise and nightlife until 5am all weekend in the heart of Rembrandt plein. We wanted a good night's sleep!! The windows don't cut out any of the street noise and a huge screen flashes 24 hours a day facing the hotel windows.

Prebooked with booking.com and confirmed the say before by email. Arrived at confirmed time and receptionist said we were booked for only 2 nights not 3 but eventually after causing us concern said she had found us 'because unbelievably someone with the same name had a booking'!! I hate to be lied to - I have a totally unique name . She then swiped my credit card twice by mistake and caused a credit card fraud trigger and I had to go through a whole credit clearing with my bank, which she then denied. It didn't bode well

We booked for 3 nights but our flight was cancelled so we booked for another 2 with breakfast. At day three they stopped cleaning the room or Hoover it, we had to complain to reception to get the room cleaned and bedding changed. Not acceptable

The breakfast is 19.90 e each. It is not good value. The hot food was tepid, the scrambled eggs rubbery and the choices by 9.30 am limited. Lots of nice cafes nearby at half the price

RTL late night live film live from the hotel bar 5 evenings a week. We were not made aware of it by the hotel. No where to still and have a relaxing drink in your hotel on recording night, fight your way through queues of people and a security check to get into the hotel, noisy equipment clattering through the hotel to the floors above late at night. Customers need to be made aware

Overall just a battered, old, tired hotel in need of an upgrade.

Dear Sir/Madam,

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us in the NH Schiller hotel.

I'm sorry for the inconveniences.
The noise disturbance I could imagine that this bothered you. We try to do everything in our power to control this issue but unfortunately due the lively area this is not always possible. Did you ask for a quiet room during your stay. Know that when you mention this we always try to give our guests a quieter room in the backyard. About the huge flat screen. I took care of this but I can understand that this was annoying.

Then the issue by checking in, sorry that you have experienced this in that way.
I will pick this up with the front office manager but I would like to explain that we always ask our guests for a guarantee. This is very common in all the hotels worldwide and is only functioning as a deposit for the extra costs you may have. For example; minibar, room service etc. If you do not use this than you will receive the deposit back on your cc card. Maybe they charged your card two times because the first time it was disclaimed. But we are not allowed to block a cc card twice. I hope you already solved this with your bank. If not, please let us know that we can help you out. Email: fo.nhschiller@nh-hotels.com / Telephone: 020 554 0700.

The feedback about the food, I pick this up with my team.
And I could imagine that you were upset that you couldn't drink any drink in our own Brasserie because of the RTL late night show but we inform our guests during check in and is also shown on our website. Therefore the lobby bar is opened to have a drink.
The security is here just for the safety of the show but for the most of all, for our guests.

I hope you will consider to give us a second change or one of the NH hotels worldwide.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

Friendly and helpful staff, clean throughout. First night our room was close to a night club playing music until 6am. We spoke to reception in the morning and were offered a new room with a free upgrade.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Schiller, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2017

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you a lot for all the positive words regarding your stay in the NH Schiller.
Good to hear that you moved by room. This is what we strive for, to make our guests their stay pleasant. And i could imagine that the noise disturbed you. Unfortunately we are not always able to control the noise disturbance on a lively square as Rembrandt-square.

I hope you have enjoyed your further stay in the new room.

It was a pleasure to welcome you as our guest and we look forward to do again in the nearby future.