1,108 results
All reviews rembrandt square great location tram stop sister hotel within walking distance central location restaurants and bars mini bar flower market noisy at night large windows main attractions city tax easy access decent hotel stayed here for nights red light district
Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my other half from Saturday 4th - Monday 6th November. Check in wasn't until 3pm so we stored our bags and went for a wander. We were able to check in at 1pm - we had room 608 with a fantastic view over the city. They had put out some balloons and chocolates as it was my birthday, and written me a card which was a very personal touch I thought.

The hotel has a fantastic location right on Rembrandt square - great access to lots of bars and restaurants, and Dam square is a 10 minute walk away, or you can catch a tram right outside which will get you there in 5 minutes.

The beds are very, very comfortable - and the maid came in as we left for the day to freshen up the room.

Breakfast was nice - the little pizza things are delicious - and you have the option to have fresh eggs, sausage and bacon cooked for you when you get there.

My only comment would be that they could provide UHT milk in the rooms instead of powdered milk, I know you can get fresh milk from reception, but it's better to have UHT milk than powdered!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Dear Rosie,

Wonderful to read that you had such a good experience with us here in the beautiful city Amsterdam. Good to hear that you have enjoyed your birthday too.

Thank you for the compliments about the location, service, room and breakfast.
Your comment about the milk, i will discuss this with my team and we will have a look if we can do anything about this.

Thanks again for your feedback regarding your stay in the NH Caransa.
I hope to welcome you again as one of our guests, then i make sure the pizza things are ready for breakfast! ;)

Bart van den Hauten.

Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

Amazing hotel and location.
I was at the hotel in October 2017,
The staff were amazing. Thank you very much.
Big rooms
Perfect location in Rembrandt.
Close to dam squre and around the hotel there are a lot of pubs.
highly recommended

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ShirL150
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2017

Dear Shir L,

Wonderful to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to meet your expectations, this is what we strive for and are delighted to see that we managed.

I will share the compliments with my team!

I really hope to welcome you again as our guest in our beautiful city Amsterdam.

Reviewed October 22, 2017

Awesome hotel! We liked the room very much, great breakfast and amazing location.
But what I liked the most - Lisa’s smile. Every time you see her she’s welcoming you with greeting. Great service by all but especially by Lisa!
I would like to mention Calvin as well for his great service.
I would definitely come visit again

Room Tip: All rooms a bit noisy but that’s the price for great location
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank you for the compliments about your well-experienced stay with us.

Thank you for the compliments about Lisa and Calvin, i will share this with them!

I hope to welcome you as our guests again here in the beautiful city Amsterdam.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

the hotel is pretty nice, well placed BUT you pay the placement central, a bit too expensive..
Also a real shame that hotel booked via booking and you do not earn any point on your NH car rewards.. ABSOLUTELY NO COMMERCIAL GESTURE

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Dear Francois,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay in the NH Caransa.

Unfortunately I need to mention that the hotel rooms in Amsterdam are a bit more expensive than the rest of the Europe standards. This is also due the fact that the city is very popular for tourists but also due the availability of hotels rooms in the old city centre with a central location like this.

The fact about the NH points, unfortunately it is only possible to get some NH points if you book a hotel room through our own hotel NH webpage. We are not allowed to provide you with NH points if you book by another agency like booking. I hope to have informed you well.

Hotel director

Reviewed October 10, 2017

No Ice machine. Every time we wanted ice we had to call for it. Several times a day. And at times we waited quite a while to get the ice. Very inconvenient. No hotel bar, but very close to lots. The location was amazing!!! Everyone was very nice!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

Dear Shamar,

I would like to thank you for your feedback about your stay in the NH Caransa.

Sorry for the inconvenience with the ice during your stay. I will discuss this with my team.

Thank you for the compliments about the location, pubs and our staff.

I hope that you will visit our beautiful city and hotel in the future once more!

Hotel director