“Thank you Lisa!”

NH Amsterdam Caransa
Ranked #122 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice hotel to stay at in Amsterdam (on the expensive side during the weekend). Very clean with a generous breakfast.
Lisa was very helpful and made a big difference in the overall experience.
The hotel area gets a bit noisy at the weekend, so if you are a light sleeper I recommend you stay at high floor and use the ear plugs they provide.
Final comment to the hotel, late check out at 12 PM??? Seriously??

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street noise
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Ammar,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay in the NH Caransa!

I will share these compliments with my team and Lisa in particular.
I am sorry for the inconvenience about the sound noise! As a hotel we are trying to do everything in our power to control this for our guests, due to our lively location.
As you mentioned we provide earplugs in all our hotels rooms and we are connected with the police on the square. Unfortunately it is not always 100% in our control due to all the pubs and bars on our lively square. I could imagine that you were upset about this issue.

About the checkout time, our normal check out time is before 12 in the afternoon. You can have a late check out in consultation with our reception. Unfortunately is this not always possible due our availability. But of course we can always have a look what we can do for our guests with a request for a late check out. Sorry that you have experienced it like this.

I hope to have informed you well and to welcome you again as our guest.

Hotel director.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my other half from Saturday 4th - Monday 6th November. Check in wasn't until 3pm so we stored our bags and went for a wander. We were able to check in at 1pm - we had room 608 with a fantastic view over the city. They had put out some balloons and chocolates as it was my birthday, and written me a card which was a very personal touch I thought.

The hotel has a fantastic location right on Rembrandt square - great access to lots of bars and restaurants, and Dam square is a 10 minute walk away, or you can catch a tram right outside which will get you there in 5 minutes.

The beds are very, very comfortable - and the maid came in as we left for the day to freshen up the room.

Breakfast was nice - the little pizza things are delicious - and you have the option to have fresh eggs, sausage and bacon cooked for you when you get there.

My only comment would be that they could provide UHT milk in the rooms instead of powdered milk, I know you can get fresh milk from reception, but it's better to have UHT milk than powdered!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Rosie,

Wonderful to read that you had such a good experience with us here in the beautiful city Amsterdam. Good to hear that you have enjoyed your birthday too.

Thank you for the compliments about the location, service, room and breakfast.
Your comment about the milk, i will discuss this with my team and we will have a look if we can do anything about this.

Thanks again for your feedback regarding your stay in the NH Caransa.
I hope to welcome you again as one of our guests, then i make sure the pizza things are ready for breakfast! ;)

Bart van den Hauten.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Amazing hotel and location.
I was at the hotel in October 2017,
The staff were amazing. Thank you very much.
Big rooms
Perfect location in Rembrandt.
Close to dam squre and around the hotel there are a lot of pubs.
highly recommended

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Shir L
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Shir L,

Wonderful to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to meet your expectations, this is what we strive for and are delighted to see that we managed.

I will share the compliments with my team!

I really hope to welcome you again as our guest in our beautiful city Amsterdam.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Awesome hotel! We liked the room very much, great breakfast and amazing location.
But what I liked the most - Lisa’s smile. Every time you see her she’s welcoming you with greeting. Great service by all but especially by Lisa!
I would like to mention Calvin as well for his great service.
I would definitely come visit again

Room Tip: All rooms a bit noisy but that’s the price for great location
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank you for the compliments about your well-experienced stay with us.

Thank you for the compliments about Lisa and Calvin, i will share this with them!

I hope to welcome you as our guests again here in the beautiful city Amsterdam.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

the hotel is pretty nice, well placed BUT you pay the placement central, a bit too expensive..
Also a real shame that hotel booked via booking and you do not earn any point on your NH car rewards.. ABSOLUTELY NO COMMERCIAL GESTURE

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Francois,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay in the NH Caransa.

Unfortunately I need to mention that the hotel rooms in Amsterdam are a bit more expensive than the rest of the Europe standards. This is also due the fact that the city is very popular for tourists but also due the availability of hotels rooms in the old city centre with a central location like this.

The fact about the NH points, unfortunately it is only possible to get some NH points if you book a hotel room through our own hotel NH webpage. We are not allowed to provide you with NH points if you book by another agency like booking. I hope to have informed you well.

Hotel director

Reviewed 10 October 2017

No Ice machine. Every time we wanted ice we had to call for it. Several times a day. And at times we waited quite a while to get the ice. Very inconvenient. No hotel bar, but very close to lots. The location was amazing!!! Everyone was very nice!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear Shamar,

I would like to thank you for your feedback about your stay in the NH Caransa.

Sorry for the inconvenience with the ice during your stay. I will discuss this with my team.

Thank you for the compliments about the location, pubs and our staff.

I hope that you will visit our beautiful city and hotel in the future once more!

Hotel director

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Friendly staff, great location, very clean, the check in was very easy, and the staff very gentle. We found a lot of information about the city and usefull maps for our journey. Also, the guideline of the most important places in the city were provided by the staff.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Dear Dannedea

It is very nice to read your wonderful review, we are delighted to hear your entire stay with us was such an enjoyable experience.
We will be looking forward to your next visit.
Please do not hesitate to contact us directly when booking your next stay at NH Hotels.

Best Regards,