Free cancellation until 28/07
US$195
US$176
Room Mate Hotels
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$219/night.

US$221
US$200
NH Hotels
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$268/night.

US$291
US$189
  • Restaurant
NH Amsterdam Museum Quarter(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$121
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

US$234
US$203
Doubletree
US$163
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$242/night.

Hotel Estherea(Amsterdam)
US$214
US$179
Cancelon
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$230/night.

XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$76
Cancelon
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

1,069 results
All reviewsrembrandt squaregreat locationtram stopwithin walking distancenh amsterdamcentral locationnoisy at nightrestaurants and barsmini barsuperior roomthe air conditioningflower marketlarge windowsmain attractionsbrilliant hoteldecent hotelcity tax
Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here 2nd / 5th January. The hotel is clean and warm and the staff are helpful. As the hotel is located on Rembrandtplein it is noisy at night. We had a room at the back of the hotel and could still hear the clubs and bars at kicking out time. That said - it didn’t bother us too much... it’s part of the Amsterdam experience! The location is excellent as none of the main tourist spots are more than a 20 minute walk from the hotel in any direction. We’d definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Dear Jo,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us in Amsterdam.
I would like to thank you for all the compliments about the location, staff and cleanliness.

Im sorry for the issue about the noice disturbance. Unfortunately this is not 100% in our power to control that. We provide earplugs in every room and we stay in contact with the police if there is to much noice disturbance. I could imagine that this bothered you.

I hope to welcome you again as our guests when travels bring you back to Amsterdam.

Reviewed December 26, 2017

Had a lovely time at this hotel the staff were helpful and friendly especially Chelsi and Zoe on reception. The location was great for all the major tourist attractions and we had an amazing weekend. We went for a birthday treat and hotel were so sweet putting balloons and chocolates in the room only issue was the lift being out of order but w lov lay hotel with lovely staff.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2017

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for all the positive words regarding your stay with us.
The compliments about the location, staff and then especially Zoe en Chelsi. I will share this with them.

Good to hear that you have enjoyed your VIP treatment. This is what we strive for. To make our guests their stay pleasant and unforgettable.

About the lift, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. We tried everything we could to make sure the lift was fixed as soon as possible but it was a complex situation. We are still working on this issue. I could imagine that you were upset about this.
My sincerely apologise again.

I hope to welcome you again as our guest, when travels bring you back to the beautiful city Amsterdam.

Reviewed December 19, 2017

The Pros

This is a decent hotel in a very good location and was clean. The staff make this hotel and throughout all members of staff were very helpful and nothing was too much for them. In particular Shirin was amazing and made sure we had a good stay. The breakfast was good with a range to cater for a wide and varied choice.

The Cons

The rooms were clean however it was evident that people had been smoking in them as it smelt of smoke and there were cigarette remains on the balcony window.The lift was broken so for 2 days we had to use the service lift or stairs which was at the back of the hotel and just let the hotel down. The wifi was not fit for purpose to say the least and I feel as a gesture the hotel could have provided its customers with free upgraded wifi as a gesture of good will rather than reply to a review and say please come back give us a chance etc. Management could easily make these small changes and attention to the little details that make customers happy.

We stayed in room 201

Room Tip: city view if don't mind noise- not too bad!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank sondhi
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2017

Dear Sondhi,

First of all, thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us in the NH Caransa.

I would like to thank you for the compliments and in special Shirin, I will share this with my team and with her. Good to hear that you have enjoyed.

Sorry for the inconvenience with the Wi-Fi, i could imagine that this bother you.
About the lift, I'm really sorry for this issue. The elevator is out of order due some technical difficulties. We are trying to do everything in our power to control this but unfortunately it takes longer than planned. I could imagine that this bother you during your stay.

I hope to welcome you again as our guest, when travel brings you back to the beautiful city Amsterdam.

Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

Sarah did a great job sorting out an issue with my reservation. Stay here when possible-great staff. Always made to feel welcome each time I have stayed over the last few months. Great place to stay and experience Amsterdam.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2017

Dear Mike,

Wonderful to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
I will personally make sure that Sara will receive your compliments and also from me.

I really hope that you will visit our beautiful city and hotel once more!

Hotel Director

Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

On the plus side: staff are very helpful, location is superb (get a tram ticket) and breakfast is extensive. I also managed to borrow an iron from reception, which helped. Room included a desk and chair for working at.

That said, the sound proofing is very bad (earplugs don’t help when you need an alarm), and I found cigarette ends in my room from a previous occupant. Wifi is terribly slow at peak, and upgrading to premium (nearly €10 a day!) made no difference.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2017

Dear Gazimoff,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at NH Caransa and your kind words about our staff, location and breakfast.

I am sorry for the inconvenience that you had because of the fact that you are a non-smoking hotel. found cigarettes in your room. I will discuss this with our housekeeping team, especially because we are a non-smoking hotel. I can imagine that you were upset about this. Please inform us the next time during your stay so we can pick this up immediately.

The inconvenience about the sound noise, Unfortunately due to our lively location it is not always in our power to control this for our guest.

I hope that you would consider to give us or one of our other NH Hotels worldwide a second change in the future.

Hotel Director