NH Amsterdam Caransa
US$259
US$212
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$299
US$243
Priceline
  • Room Service
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$156
getaroom.com
1,055 results
All reviewsrembrandt squaregreat locationtram stopwithin walking distancenh amsterdamcentral locationrestaurants and barsmini barsuperior roomnoisy at nightthe air conditioningflower marketlarge windowsmain attractionsbrilliant hotelstayed here for nightscity tax
Reviewed January 6, 2018

We stayed at NH Caransa for new year´s eve and it was amazing! Very comfortable room with great view and location. Staff at the front desk were very nice and helpful, they always had a smile for us and that is appreciated.

We will surely come back to NH Carnasa on our next trip to Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Room with terrace
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Dear Sir/ Madam,

First of all, the best wishes for 2018.
I hope you have enjoyed the new years eve in Amsterdam.

Thank you for all the compliments and escpacially for the team.
I will share this with them!

Hope to welcome you again as our guests.

Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here 2nd / 5th January. The hotel is clean and warm and the staff are helpful. As the hotel is located on Rembrandtplein it is noisy at night. We had a room at the back of the hotel and could still hear the clubs and bars at kicking out time. That said - it didn’t bother us too much... it’s part of the Amsterdam experience! The location is excellent as none of the main tourist spots are more than a 20 minute walk from the hotel in any direction. We’d definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Jo,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us in Amsterdam.
I would like to thank you for all the compliments about the location, staff and cleanliness.

Im sorry for the issue about the noice disturbance. Unfortunately this is not 100% in our power to control that. We provide earplugs in every room and we stay in contact with the police if there is to much noice disturbance. I could imagine that this bothered you.

I hope to welcome you again as our guests when travels bring you back to Amsterdam.

Reviewed December 26, 2017

Had a lovely time at this hotel the staff were helpful and friendly especially Chelsi and Zoe on reception. The location was great for all the major tourist attractions and we had an amazing weekend. We went for a birthday treat and hotel were so sweet putting balloons and chocolates in the room only issue was the lift being out of order but w lov lay hotel with lovely staff.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2017

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for all the positive words regarding your stay with us.
The compliments about the location, staff and then especially Zoe en Chelsi. I will share this with them.

Good to hear that you have enjoyed your VIP treatment. This is what we strive for. To make our guests their stay pleasant and unforgettable.

About the lift, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. We tried everything we could to make sure the lift was fixed as soon as possible but it was a complex situation. We are still working on this issue. I could imagine that you were upset about this.
My sincerely apologise again.

I hope to welcome you again as our guest, when travels bring you back to the beautiful city Amsterdam.

Reviewed December 19, 2017

The Pros

This is a decent hotel in a very good location and was clean. The staff make this hotel and throughout all members of staff were very helpful and nothing was too much for them. In particular Shirin was amazing and made sure we had a good stay. The breakfast was good with a range to cater for a wide and varied choice.

The Cons

The rooms were clean however it was evident that people had been smoking in them as it smelt of smoke and there were cigarette remains on the balcony window.The lift was broken so for 2 days we had to use the service lift or stairs which was at the back of the hotel and just let the hotel down. The wifi was not fit for purpose to say the least and I feel as a gesture the hotel could have provided its customers with free upgraded wifi as a gesture of good will rather than reply to a review and say please come back give us a chance etc. Management could easily make these small changes and attention to the little details that make customers happy.

We stayed in room 201

Room Tip: city view if don't mind noise- not too bad!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank sondhi
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2017

Dear Sondhi,

First of all, thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us in the NH Caransa.

I would like to thank you for the compliments and in special Shirin, I will share this with my team and with her. Good to hear that you have enjoyed.

Sorry for the inconvenience with the Wi-Fi, i could imagine that this bother you.
About the lift, I'm really sorry for this issue. The elevator is out of order due some technical difficulties. We are trying to do everything in our power to control this but unfortunately it takes longer than planned. I could imagine that this bother you during your stay.

I hope to welcome you again as our guest, when travel brings you back to the beautiful city Amsterdam.

Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

Sarah did a great job sorting out an issue with my reservation. Stay here when possible-great staff. Always made to feel welcome each time I have stayed over the last few months. Great place to stay and experience Amsterdam.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2017

Dear Mike,

Wonderful to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
I will personally make sure that Sara will receive your compliments and also from me.

I really hope that you will visit our beautiful city and hotel once more!

Hotel Director