2,429 results
All reviews privilege room metro station nice hotel minute walk amstel river shuttle service public transport business trip stayed here for one night per day breakfast was excellent mini bar centre euros taxi rai accor
Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

I was kicked out from my room because they thought I was smoking in but unfortunately I am not a smoker any way they did wrong with me and this manager Lars wanted to make me pay for extra cleaning I had to fight with them but they don’t care about my words.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
RenskevanHoof, Management Assistant at Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback after your stay with us. We are very sorry to hear that you have not been able to stay with us for your booking. Unfortunately, after your check-in, the smoke detector on the ceiling was detached from the ceiling, causing an alarm to go off downstairs. Upon this notification our duty manager, Lars, came to your room and explained to you that by detaching the smoke detector in your room, the whole fire system is deregulated. This means all of our guests are put at risk as soon as this happens. In our hotel we have strict policies, which you have accepted at the moment of staying with us. These state that if the situation occurs that a smoke detector is detached from the ceiling, the consequences are eviction from the hotel in order to guarantee the safety of all of our guests. Therefore, our duty manager has not let you leave the hotel due to smoking, but due to jeopardizing our safety system and with this the safety of all of our guests. We are sorry to read that this has disappointed you, however, we do hope you understand our motives of following our own safety & security procedures.

Renske van Hoof, Management Assistant

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

The view is what this place is all about and it doesn’t disappoint.

The facilities are what I expected. A little tired in places but very good overall.

Very clean throughout.

The bedroom was spacious. The bathroom was very clean. The shower was good.

We stayed as a family. The food was excellent. Plenty of choice and portion size did not disappoint.

The pool is large and very clean.

It is situated by the pyramids and adjacent to the new Grand Egyptian Museum. Perfect for sightseeing in Giza and Cairo.

Most importantly, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank TimHebbert
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel during a business trip. While its lobby is newly decorated and very impressive, the rooms were the opposite.
The room I received was not clean. There was hair in the bathroom and the toilet was not clean. The room was big but very old, old furniture, old style. I asked to replace the room and although I had reserved a room more than a month in advance the receptionist said there are no rooms available. After the manager was involved I received a room in the other section of the hotel. Design was more modern however the room had a single bed (though my order was for a double), was extremely small and the worst part is that it was full of dust, the carpet was not cleaned and there was tons of dust on the lamps and furniture. I had coughed and woke up all itching. My room was replaced again, this time was clean. The staff appologized and shared with me all the corrective actions they took on a daily basis, including a specialized pest control agency that came to inspect the room. Eventualy they said I must have had mosquito bites...
I appreciate the service and appologies but I will not return to this hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2018

Very disappointing, the staff were pleasant enough but just had no idea , the whole experience of the check in was terrible . Room not ready, when we arrived to be told 3pm or later, so went to catch train into town. Arrived back at around 10 pm to get keys to room and our bags were still in the storage area, so had to collect ourselves as they had been too busy all that time surely not. Went to use printer to print out our boarding passes and they had run out of ink. Staff had no idea of out to fix so my husband ended up removing the cartridge give it a shake , but pity the next person if they don't know what to do . One staff receptionist by her self with a lot of incoming travelers to deal with so I knocked on the door of where the other staff were ,( as it was near where I was using the printer ) to advice them that I think that that one receptionist needed a hand. The staff had really no idea and needed help , I feel that they may have been a training Hotel , which is fine but they needed supervision. I asked a question to be told we are only the night staff, will have to ask during the day , and as I tried to explain that is too late . In the 3 days 2 nights not once was the carpets vacuumed on the floor we were on there was bits of rubbish and food crumbs etc. The bed was made but not greatly and some of the cleaning products were still left in the bathroom on the floor . We used the buffet breakfast area food was not fantastic but was OK , but some staff were too busy talking and I felt I was interrupting them when asking for some tea bags . Just not the best experience for an Accor hotel. Such a shame as it could be so nice the hotel itself is good its close to the train station which is needed as there dosen't appear to be much more around the area, shops, restaurants etc . I feel The management has let this Hotel down. or maybe no one else has honestly said

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank mician1954
Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a trade show, when the hotel was completely full.

My "privalage" room was quiet and comfortable, and the air conditioning seemed to be fine. It wasn't huge, but Amsterdam rooms seem not to be.

Despite being busy, the hotel coped at breakfast time, keeping everything topped up with a good choice of tasty items.

The metro is a 7 min walk, and the RAI is about 20 mins pleasant walk.

It's a shame there isn't much else right be the hotel (no other restaurants etc), although if the sun is shining, sitting in the outside section of the bar by the canal is lovely.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business