All reviews hotel cat artis zoo tram stop hortus botanicus resistance museum breakfast room lovely little hotel stay there again family room single room no elevator central station small fridge recommend hotel narrow stairs quirky hotel city centre
Reviewed April 15, 2018

I stayed there with my son and husband. We got a triple room and it was spacious. Close to restaurants and trams which took us to all the major attractions. Very friendly staff. I will definitely recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2017

My Aunt and I recently spent a week at hotel Rembrandt. We were both delighted with our choice. Very well situated with numerous places of interest in walking distance. Pleasant rooms and comfortable beds. The staff at the reception couldn’t have been more helpful. We particularly enjoyed the friendly and cosy atmosphere. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: room 6 a small single room on the second floor. Room 5 on the first floor. double overlooking the garden.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

I loved the hotel's atmosphere. It looks historic within. And I liked their cat. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Its located in a quiet area of Amsterdam. About a 15 minute walk to the city center and Amsterdam Centraal train station. Will be back again the next time I visit.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed October 27, 2017

This hotel is located in a quiet section of Amsterdam. However, it is very close to the center of town; about five minutes ride with the tram. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and clean and the breakfast was very good. We greatly enjoyed our stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2017

We loved the whole experience. The hotel is in an old building and feels historic but well loved. Worth having breakfast ( 10 euros) just to sit in that beautiful breakfast room! The staff were amazing. I was cold the first night and they turned up the heating and we were toasty for our entire four day stay.
Rooms were clean and comfortable and seemed good value compared to other hotels for the same dates. Our room ( room 9) was at the back of the hotel so absolutely no traffic noise and very quiet. Also, because its an old hotel, the walls and floors are thick, so no neighbour noise either. The mini bar containing soft drinks, and chocolate was complimentary. ( but you had to pay if you needed refills)
Its a 20 min walk from Amsterdam Central, and a very pleasant walk. The hotel itself is in a great loaction. In the middle of a block which has two fantastic cafes on either corner, whether you walk left or right. Both are great. Its almost next door to the Holocaust museum and a very short walk to the Resistance Museum and the Zoo.
We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back if the hotel. Number 9 was classed as a small double but was adequate.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mojohrarboro
RembrandtAMS, Front Office Manager at Hotel Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It is a pleasure to read that you've enjoyed the breakfastroom and thank you so much for your compliments about the staff and the housekeeping, I'll be sure to pass your kind words on.
We hope to welcome you again some time in Amsterdam!

Kind regards,