All reviews kosher breakfast jumbo supermarket tram and metro la brochette city centre quiet area public transportation business traveler central station good size great shower hotel is located boiled eggs minute walk from the hotel day pass clean rooms easy access
Reviewed May 16, 2018

Day 1: I got a bed that was hollow at the center, at an angle so that it felt like I would slide off the bed and too short. The room was also very tiny, which was not value for the money I paid.

Day 2: Complained the next day and was indeed issued with a new room and spacious room. However, in this room one of the beds had a blood stain. What could be worse than preparing for bed only to Discover a blood stain on the sheets. I alerted the reception immediatley and the sheet was replaced the following morning. Then came breakfast - selection was OK but some of the dishes were dirty. I think there must have ben an error With their dish washer.

Day 3 until the end of my stay was normal..

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
HIEXSOUTH, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - South, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

Dear Mr.Jose,

Thank you for your time to leave a message on Tripadvisor.

We are very sorry about your expierence at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam South.
We apologize again for the second room.

We are glad that the end of your stay was normal.

We wish you a nice day.

Sjarifa Amatnoh

Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

I generally travel on business. But I accrue points through IHG and therefore assume a certain standard. This venue didn’t meet it. My points seemed to count for nothing.

On arrival, despite my company booking a double room with single occupancy, I had a twin. Approach to reception proved fruitless; no other rooms available, but advised to approach them in the morning.

In the morning after a difficult night, I noted the poster in reception advising of “green points” if I advised reception.

I advised reception of my desire to gain green points and, at 0745 requested a taxi for 0830.

Breakfast is bland. . . No other way to describe it.

At 0820 I awaited my taxi. At 0835 I queried reception, who seemed bewildered that my taxi request was for that day, she had assumed that I meant the day after. . . I still wonder why. . .

On return later that day, I noted my room had been made up, i returned to reception to query both a double room and that my room had been made up, and my loss of green point.

The receptionist told me that I should have put my “room is vacant” card out. I explained that the receptionist, and the banner in reception did not make that clear, she shrugged..

I asked about a double room, as per my perceived arrangement, she told me I should have discussed it in the morning. I didn’t get a room move.

I have received some “green points” subsequently but only after almost forcibly impressing upon reception staff that I was content not to have my room made up. None since Monday have advised that it was effectively my fault, for not displaying the “my room is vacant” card.

In sum, I have pleaded with my company that my next visit to Amsterdam in just over a week does not involve this hotel. Thankfully they have obliged and put me in another venue.

I feel bad at submitting such a harsh review, but frankly, the only good guidance I received from this hotel was directions to the excellent La Brochette Restaurant.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
HIEXSOUTH, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - South, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2018

Dear Mr.Howard Warren,

Thank you for your time to leave a message.

We are very sorry about your expierence at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam South.
We take your expierence stay very seriously.

We understand that you did not have a nice expierence.
We apologize for that.

You can email the front office supervisor: Shiftleader.amsam@hiex.nl to give your feedback about your expierence.

Once again, thank you for your Platinum member as a IHG rewards member.

We wish you a nice day.

Sjarifa Amatnoh

Reviewed April 26, 2018

I liked how quiet the room was, to which the white noise contributed, and having the blue light in the bathroom when the facility was needed during the night. Everyone at the front desk was friendly and helpful. And I especially appreciated being checked in the morning upon my arrival from the U.S. when I was tired. Having tea and coffee available in the room was also pleasant although the outlet at the hot pot was unusable because the shelf on which it was placed was too close to the outlet to accommodate the plug. The duvet was too warm; a blanket and sheet would have been preferable. Was also a plus to find a supermarket around the corner.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet one away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed April 24, 2018

If you are visiting Amsterdam considering staying here. Attractive modern hotel, with breakfast and wi-fi included. Hotel is a 2 minute walk from the #5 tram and metro stop. The #5 takes you to all the best attractions, museums (Rijks/Van Gogh/Stedelijk), the Leidsiplein, and all the major canals on its way to Central Station and the heart of Amsterdam. Staff is friendly, extremely helpful and speak English. lobby has a nice area to sit and relax as well as a good continental breakfast.

Stayed: April 2018
HIEXSOUTH, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - South, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind words. We are indeed located in a very convenient area, with the transportation at 50m and a small shopping area around. We will continue working on providing our guests with the best possible stay and hope to see you soon.

Sofia Juarez
Reception Team

Reviewed April 11, 2018

pro: good connection to city center; modern room interior; standard breakfast, confortable beads
cons: room Nr. 19 next to breakfast room (loud in the morning), in the morning you hear also a lot of airplain; but in the evening and at night it is quite

Room Tip: i think all rooms except 19
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
HIEXSOUTH, Reception at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - South, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2018

Dear Dahudson82,

Thank you for leaving a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and apologize for the breakfast noise. As for the airplanes, the airport has moved some routes to fly over the neighbourhood due to maintanance of a runway, thus we expect this to be temporary.

We hope you had a good trip back home.

Sofia Juarez