See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 25, 2015

Stopped here twice, if I had chosen wouldn't have gone back the second time. The first room needed a lot of work. One pillow smelled so bad I left it on the floor. The bed was so soft it was uncomfortable . The ensuite was separated from the room by a curtain. My second room was a windowless cupboard. I could lay on my bed and touch the wall either end without raising my arms. Both rooms were noisy all night

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2015

Bedbugs ! see my video and pictures at youtube: – "Hotel the VETERAN Amsterdam - bedbugs !!!! Danger" many bedbugs, not clean, dangerous stairs, bad smell. Don't get near the place !!! unfortunately I got many bites but it take time to see the bugs- see pictures and video.

Room tip: very bad place !
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank aaa141
Reviewed September 23, 2015

The location is awesome, you can do everything on foot.
I don`t care about luxury but this hotel is very poor, the bathrooms and the bedrooms are ``ok``, but they are not good.
The free breakfast is good.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarolinaRodrigues13
Reviewed September 12, 2015

Stayed in this hostel and was overall happy. Easy to find, great location and breakfast was nice and filling every morning. Good free wifi. Stairs are very steep but the owner helped us get our luggage to the room so wasn't really an issue. The hostel is on the Rembrantplein so good nightlife, but noise wasn't an issue - probably because our room overlooked the river rather than the square, which was a lovely view. There was a mix up with our booking though and on the first night we had the room with a private bathroom whereas the second and third night we were in a room with the shared bathroom. Overall the room with a shared bathroom was in much better condition, more spacious and was less money, so if you can cope with a shared bathroom definitely go for this! The ensuite room needed a lick of paint but still good. I have stayed in 5 hostels over the past 2 weeks and the shared bathroom here was in far worse condition than everywhere else. Smelt of urine terribly and dirty mop etc. was left in the corner. Not nice to shower in. But it's a hostel so can't complain too much but I think a bit expensive compared to elsewhere. Hope that helps some people :)

Room tip: Choose shared bathroom for better bedroom
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 179hannahc
Reviewed May 27, 2015 via mobile

It is lucky that this place is in a good location. Right close to Rembrandt square. Though this did mean it was very noisy. I suspect it is the most run down building in all of Amsterdam. The room smelt mouldy when we arrived. The staff were friendly enough though. Only has basically toast and cereal for breakfast. Overall stay here if you want a central location and it's all you can afford.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ben C