See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 23, 2016 via mobile

Totally different to what was advertised. Dirty shared bathroom, wet floor shower with mould visible. Tiny room with inadequate security. See through threadbare curtains. No closet or space for bags. Very noisy location and extremely steep and twisty stairs (even compared to other accommodation). Found alternative accommodation and did not complete stay here. Photos show double bed, space and advertised picture to compare. Advised to check room prior to paying if you stay here. Expensive for low quality accommodation.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank juliejW2575VK
Reviewed June 8, 2016

I was there 5 nights, 4 days with my boyfriend. First, we take room on the ground floor, which was with toilet. The bed was uncomfortable and dirty, Third night we crossed in another room on first floor (no 1), it was much better but without toilet in room. Common toilet was acceptable. Breakfast is the same every morning (bread, cereal, milk, juice, coffee, yogurt, butter, jam, cream, cheese, salami). Every day we get new towels. People who work there are very friendly and helpful. Wifi is not the best. Location is great, everything is far from 10-20 min

Room Tip: frendly, not so clean but tolerable, good location, nice view
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank indira7777
Reviewed April 20, 2016

I booked a twin room with private toilet and shower. at a price of about 240pounds for three nights, I say it's not cheap and I would have liked more improvements to be done.

It has good location, along the Gentleman's canal and at the corner of Rembrandt Square. If you like bars and 'coffeeshops', then go ahead and book this one because these are literally outside the door. It can get a bit noisy at night and the smell from all kinds of 'smoke' can get inside and linger in your room. Every tourist attraction is within walking distance, a good 5-20 minutes (central station, dam square, royal palace, van gogh museum, anne frank museum, red light district). But I guess everything in Amsterdam is within walking distance.

There were some serious steep stairs going to the room. Talking about the room, it's not that big. I guess it can even get a little cramped if there were two of us in the room. You get an LCD TV with some English channels (MTV, CNN, TLC), a refrigerator, a closet with a safety deposit box, a toilet and shower, and two single beds. The hot n cold shower worked fine, and room heating was sufficient. They provide free wifi but the connection/signal was oh so poor that's why I resorted to my mobile roaming data.

Everyday, I was provided with fresh towels. The only free toiletries is a handwash gel. In my experience, The bed and pillows were comfortable. But I had dounts that they regularly change the linens. I had a bed bug bite on my second night. Fortunately, it never happened again. But this is a major turn off point for me and I will hesitate to book here again.

Staff service was good. They immediately fixed the exhaust fan in my room. They also give tips and voucher cards for different tourist attractions.
Breakfast includes bread, jams, butter, eggs, cheese, ham, cereals, coffee, orange juice and some crackers.

Overall, my experience was ok enough to make me stay the three nights. However, I will consider other accommodations the next time I visit.

Room Tip: rooms facing the canal would be good, away from the noise
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Rohise
Reviewed February 17, 2016

I have to accept that the location of the hostel is more than good and it has a seesights throught the window very beatiful, but the hostel is old, the rooms are small, the shared bathroom is dirty and abandoned and the breakfast in the reception is poor and the attention lousy.

I wouldn't repeat again because if it was cheaper, would be acceptable, but in fact is really expensive to be this kind of hostel.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Martaab24
Reviewed November 25, 2015

Stopped here twice, if I had chosen wouldn't have gone back the second time. The first room needed a lot of work. One pillow smelled so bad I left it on the floor. The bed was so soft it was uncomfortable . The ensuite was separated from the room by a curtain. My second room was a windowless cupboard. I could lay on my bed and touch the wall either end without raising my arms. Both rooms were noisy all night

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business