DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam - NDSM Wharf
Sir Adam Hotel(Amsterdam)
  • Restaurant
The Bank Hotel(Amsterdam)
View Hotel
All reviewsfree ferryferry ridecentral stationdouble treeindustrial stylewarm cookiesruns every minutesfloor to ceiling windowsrooms are smallnespresso machinehotel is locatedcorner roomcity centreijrobesmidnightbike
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I never write reviews about products or services, but this is a very special one!

My three days to Amsterdam were a strong WOW because of this hotel. Very spacious and modern room, amazingly clean and cozy, super lovely and helpful staff.

And even though all of this was perfect, the Brooklyn Restaurant left me simply amazed. The breakfast was a heaven, just anything you could wish for. Starting from the perfectly cooked english classics, followed by a nice selection of cold cuts and finishing it with all the healthy cereals, nuts, dried fruit and seeds it simply made my day. The atmosphere, the music, the service and simply everything was a proper five star experience which deserves my applause.

Even though I was already deeply impressed, Antonio, the manager of the restaurant simply earned my heart. I told him that we are not very familiar with Amsterdam and could not find anything interesting on the internet to visit. 5 minutes later he came back with a handwritten "to do" list in Amsterdam for our stay. He included bars, restaurants and clubs which perfectly fitted in our holiday and made it super special.

Honestly, the best experience I've had and hats down to entire team at DoubleTree NDSM Wharf.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
BartBakkerNdsmplein, Front Office Agent at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam - NDSM Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Vova,

Thank you for your nice review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We will let Antonio know about your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Rakhi

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On arrival we were greeted with a complimentary warm cookie each and check in was a long process it took us about half an hour. We were not made aware of the €100 room depoit (which is refundable) as it wasnt on our booking confirmation and the lady on the desk wasnt very helpful and rather rude. The rooms are a good size and were spotless i couldn’t fault that at all. The hotel was rather empty when we stayed which meant it was very quiet which was great. Nice area and ferry stops 3 minute walk away from hotel. Would recommend this place!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank caitlyn3112
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Yes, this is a new and modern hotel, and yes, the restaurant, Brooklyn is very good. But the one thing that makes it very good is a FREE FERRY(about 10 minutes, and runs about every 15 minutes) to Centraal Station and easy access to then walk or bike in the city center. And I have to say the staff are a Exceptionally nice and helpful.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2018

I can't fault this friendly, welcoming Hotel. We stayed here for 3 nights in March and we highly recommend
We had a room on the sixth floor, not huge but very well equipped, very comfortable beds and good bathroom. It was a double aspect room with views across the old shipping wharf and down to the water.
If you are looking for a hotel in a 'pretty' area this is probably not for you- it is situated right in the old dock area which is all being upgraded and 'beautified', but if you like arty/quirky and up-and-coming then you may love it like we did.
The journey from the rear of central station is so simple, NDSM wharf ferry every 15 minutes, stopping immediately in front of the hotel. A fun way to arrive.12 minute crossing.
There are two or three great places to eat within 200 yards of the Hotel - Cannibale Royale and Pllick - both great locations full of character with great food.

The outsanding feature of this particular hotel is the staff - every one of them going the extra mile to be helpful and friendly, with a very articular mention of Masha on reception for her warmth, help, and lovely smile which added a special extra touch to our stay.
We wouldn't hesitate to stay here on any future trip to Amsterdam

Room Tip: The higher floor the better the view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
BartBakkerNdsmplein, Front Desk Agent at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam - NDSM Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Fox,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.

We are so happy to hear that everything was really good during your stay and that the staff was perfect, in general my colleague Masha. I will show your review to her.

I hope that I may welcome you back one day!

With best regards,

Marloes
Front Desk Agent

Reviewed 8 March 2018

I was overall satisfied with my stay, and I wouldn't mind visiting the hotel at another occupation. But value for money was not impressing. There is a problem with the heat system, it is noisy and my sleep became unpleasantly disturbed every night.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
BartBakkerNdsmplein, Front Desk at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam - NDSM Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear Integralet,

Thank you for your review, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay in our hotel. I am happy to read that you had a good stay in overall. If there is anything else I can to make you forget about the noise let me know and I hope I can make it right on your next stay in hour hotel. Please feel free to contact us for more inquires or information. Have a nice weekend and take care.

Kind regards,