Lowest prices for your stay
US$93
US$101
Trip.com
US$89
Hotels.comUS$101
TravelocityUS$101
PricelineUS$90
All reviews canal view boutique hotel air con small bathroom bed was comfortable bars and restaurants would stay here again train station rijksmuseum mattress luggage
Selected filters
Reviewed October 22, 2017

I have just returned from a 3 night stay at this hotel with my boyfriend and we really enjoyed our time here.

The location was absolutely perfect. Everywhere we wanted to visit was easily within walking distance, nothing was more than a 20 minutes away. If you fancy a bit more of a relaxed time, without so much walking the tram system is so easy to use, very cheap and the nearest stop to the hotel is only a 5 minute walk.

Our flight was very early in the morning, so we arrived at the hotel ages before check in time. Our room wasn't ready yet, which we completely expected - but the staff were happy to keep our bags for us and place them in our room ready for when we got back.

I would say don't be put off by the hotel as soon as you walk in - it doesn't look like much, and the reception is tiny (it is a very small desk underneath a set of stairs). Our room was lovely. It was really spacious (we booked the Deluxe room) and decorated beautifully. Bathroom was also a very good size with a large shower, alongside Rituals bath products which was a bonus for me (they smelt fantastic). The room was clean, lots of room for storing clothes, TV, tea and coffee making facilities and a fridge full of complimentary drinks and chocolate. We adored the bed - it was so unbelievably comfortable, the pillows were amazing and it was massive.

Breakfast was very nice. They have a selection of meats, cheese, pastries, bread and condiments that you can help yourself to. But they also come to your table to take hot order drinks and also hot food - options of eggs, bacon and pancakes. The bacon is delicious and they make it very crispy (which is exactly how I like it). You must, must, must try the pancakes! They are small little round ones covered in syrup, you get so many! You could definitely just order one portion and share.

The reception isn't open 24 hours, so you key card for your room also lets you into the hotel after hours which is perfect. All of the staff were amazingly friendly and helpful - giving us a map on arrival and asking is there was anything we'd like marking on it.

Would highly, highly recommend this hotel. The rooms have a lovely feel to them and the location is exactly what you need.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 nights in October and it could not have been any better! Location was very central to most things, nearest tram stop is Leidensplein and takes around 5 mins to get into Dam square, red lighting district and central station from here (lines 1,2 or 5) However there are lots of lovely restaurants, shops and fast food places just around the corner, it’s also only a 5-10 minute walk from all the museums and a lovely park, we hired bikes and rode to this area. The hotel gives you free bike hire for 24 hours...amazing! But be wary careful because the roads are mental!

We stayed on the 3rd floor and had a lovely view of the opposite canal, very pleasant to wake up to! Our room was spacious, a big wardrobe plenty of room to store clothes and shoes. A complimentary fridge with 1 round of drinks, in ours we had a bottle of champagne, 3 cans of soft drink, 2 bottles of water and 2 kitkats, we also had tea and coffee making facilities, you get the first round free and have to pay if you want anymore. The first round was enough for us as we were out most of the day. There’s also a complimentary safe. The bathroom and bedroom were nicely decorated and bed was very comfortable! The only tiny complaint would be that it was rather dusty but still 5/5 stay!

The staff went above and beyond during our stay, from the lovely touches in the room to their general helpfulness and friendliness! I wish I’d taken note of the ladies name to personally thank her (young lady with blonde hair) I was quite unwell on my last day (after we’d checked out) however she sat me down and gave me food and drink and use of the bathroom until I felt better, I wasn’t charged for any of this, I’m so grateful! The cleaner was also so lovely, polite and helpful.

Lastly the breakfast, good spread for a small hotel. Various cereals, toast/bread, crossiants, ham, cheese, smoked salmon and yoghurt, jams and spreads (self serve for these options) There is also a cooked option of eggs, crispy bacon and tiny puffy pancakes that tastes out of this world!! Also unlimited teas, coffees and juice.

I can not thank the staff enough for making our stay so enjoyable! I would definitely recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone visiting Amsterdam, if I was ever to return to Amsterdam I wouldn’t stay anywhere else!

Date of stay: October 2017
2  Thank chloeandjayc
Reviewed October 8, 2017

I loved this place. Leidseplein, Vondelpark, & the Museum Quarter are a short walk away, and it doesn't take much longer to walk anywhere else. Great staff, good amenities. I stayed in the single room with a canal view & the room definitely was tiny but it was nicely decorated and had the comfiest bed, so I liked it.

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location. It offers best guaranteed rate for those who book direct with the hotel than if you book through a third party website. They went above and beyond by leaving a gift after finding out it was our anniversary. I like the style of the rooms and they decorate with little touches of flowers.
The only negative point is that with so many little decorations, they can sometimes be forgotten in the dusting. My advice is to keep everything the way it is and up the cleaning of the knick knacks in the room, or just remove them entirely.

Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

Small boutique hotel on the outer central canal rings. Its located on a busy street which can be noisy at times with vehicle traffic. Plenty of local restaurants within a 5-10 min walk. Most tourists sites need 20-30 min walk.

Our room (Deluxe Double - 1 king bed) was a decent size with modern finishes located on the 2nd floor (lobby is floor 0).
I found the bed to be very soft, to the point of being uncomfortable.
Cleanliness could be better. The room/hotel was not dirty by any means but there was noticeable dust on fixtures. Seems only main surfaces were wiped down daily.

Accessibility could be an issue for some. There are server steep stairs to gain entrance to the hotel. It's only then that you can take a small elevator to the higher floors.

The staff we met were friendly, helpful and professional. It should be noted that the front desk is not staffed 24/7.

1  Thank FetaLovingGreek