“Great food in fancy and intimate ambiance”
Review of Cinema Paradiso

Cinema Paradiso
Reserve with
Cinema Paradiso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,229 of 4,085 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$14 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Jordaan
Description: Enjoy authentic Italian food at Cinema Paradiso in the heart of the center of Amsterdam (Jordaan area. Experience the warm and beautiful ambiance of Cinema Paradiso and get spoiled by the great tasting food and quality service. Don't forget the lovely wines which compliments each dish perfectly.
Reviewed 30 November 2016

I definitely recommend the raviolo with trufflesauce! It was delicious. It's a gorgeous restaurant which is fancy and intimate at the same time. Service was excellent. I'll definitely dine here again!

Reviewed 23 November 2016

Went here based on a high rating at the Dutch restaurant rating site iens.nl. The were right, the restaurant offered excellent quality food and authentic Italian service. The only unfortunate thing was the fact that you could smell the toilets in the restaurant.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

Highly recommending Cinema Paradiso if you are craving for some delicious Italian cuisine. I visited CP few times with different friends and everyone loves it. The service is fast and friendly, ambience is fancy but cosy and food is just amazing.
My absolute favorite is sea bass from the oven and panna cotta. But don't forget to order some homemade sgroppino as well.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

We were very disappointed by our recent visit to this very pretty restaurant. We decided to have an Italian meal on our recent visit to Amsterdam. We were intrigued by the name so we decided to go in. The inside is beautiful. There is a chandelier and booths which have little aquariums next to them. There is a silent old Italian film playing on the bavk wall. The restaurant is nicely decorated so we decided to try it after looking at the menu. There was only 1 couple there sitting by one of the aquariums. The rest of the restaurant was empty. We asked to sit in one of the booths by the aquarium and were told that they were for 4 guests not 2 although there were 2 guests sitting in a booth by the aquarium. I did not want to argue so we sat at a table for 2 in the middle. There were 2 servers. One of the servers put Italian bread on the table. I asked if I could have butter with the bread and she told me they had no butter in the restaurant.I also asked for a plate to put the bread on and she looked at me as if I were nuts. She said she had no bread plates and begrudgingly brought over a saucer. My husband and I both ordered the lasagna which was fine and standard Italian fare. They did not warn us that the dish was very hot and I accidentally touched the dish and found out how hot it was. We were served a 3/4 filled glass of water each which they never came back and refilled. They also never asked how our meal was. The 2 waitresses spent the entire time talking to each other and never looked our way. When we got the bill I realized they charged us for the bread! 3 euro. It was not on the menu and they never told us that. I have never been charged for bread before. They should tell you this up front! Although this restaurant is very pretty I would not go back again. We were totally ignored by the staff, the food was OK and although the restaurant was completely empty we had to sit in the middle at a regular table and chairs instead of in a nice cozy booth with the aquarium.

Reviewed 9 August 2016

Recommended by my travel guide, I decided to eat here on a Saturday evening. Cinema Paradiso is located in the Jordaan, a picturesque neighbourhood in Amsterdam, and I opted to sit outside to watch the (quiet) life passing by. With other restaurants either side, it is a relaxed atmosphere. I opted for the lasagne and wasn't disappointed; definitely the best I have eaten for a long time. My waiter was friendly, and showed me around the restaurant after I had finished my meal which was a really nice touch. I would definitely recommend this place to friends and family.