“So good we just had to go back!”
Review of Cinema Paradiso

Cinema Paradiso
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Cinema Paradiso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,377 of 4,555 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$14 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Jordaan
Description: Enjoy authentic Italian food at Cinema Paradiso in the heart of the center of Amsterdam (Jordaan area. Experience the warm and beautiful ambiance of Cinema Paradiso and get spoiled by the great tasting food and quality service. Don't forget the lovely wines which compliments each dish perfectly.
Reviewed August 22, 2017

We visited Cinema Paradiso last week after doing some research about good restaurants in the area. It had great reviews so we decided to check it out...i was away for a long weekend with friends! I've been to Amsterdam a number of times and have never been able to find a restaurant that has good food, good drinks, a nice ambiance, good location and everything else you want on an evening out...until we found CP! My mother is Italian so i'm always nervous about dining out at Italian because it's hard to beat my nonna's cooking but CP exceeded all of my expectations! We were greeted on arrival by a friendly, bubbly waiter (i think he was the manager) who seated us straight away. We were blown away by the decor and stunning chandelier center piece. The restaurant was pretty full and it had a really romantic but buzzy ambiance with great music and a film playing which was a great touch! We started and finished the night with some well made cocktails and were given some great wine recommendations by the waiter to accompany our food. We all had starter, mains and desserts and loved every mouthful...it tasted like authentic Italian food....just as my Nonna (grandma in Italian) makes! The service was great; we didn't have to wait long for food and thoroughly enjoyed the evening. We loved it so much we went back for our last night and again wasn't disappointed. I would recommend CP to friends, couples and families for a great night out! P.s. don't forget to try to the Sgroppino...it's divine!

Reviewed March 29, 2017

We booked at Cinema Paradiso for 10-30 as we weren't too sure of travel times - in fact we got there at 10. Just as well as I later picked up a voicemail sent that afternoon saying that they might close early if it was a quiet night! Food and service were ok - considering only 2 other tables in a large dining room were occupied I'd have expected really attentive service. Value - frankly pretty poor. Not a place we'd bother with again.

Reviewed March 5, 2017 via mobile

We were with the 5 of us. Some ordered first and main, but 2 ordered only first because they didn't know if they will be hungry. The answer from the waitress was you must order ALL now as the kitchen get angry if they get it later. She said they will scream at her and it's too much for her.
Someone forgot what does it mean service .....

Reviewed January 1, 2017

We found the wait staff extremely RUDE! And for this reason, I think I'd skip this restaurant on my next visit to Amsterdam.
The food was very tasty, however a few of the dishes were literally "swimming" in sauce or oil making it a bit messy, so it was tasty but really nothing to rave about.

Reviewed December 10, 2016 via mobile

Trendy italian restaurant with great setting and delicious Italian food. And service is friendly. You have to experience it...