“Fantastic”
Review of Cinema Paradiso

Cinema Paradiso
Reserve with
Cinema Paradiso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,720 of 4,099 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$14 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Jordaan
Description: Enjoy authentic Italian food at Cinema Paradiso in the heart of the center of Amsterdam (Jordaan area. Experience the warm and beautiful ambiance of Cinema Paradiso and get spoiled by the great tasting food and quality service. Don't forget the lovely wines which compliments each dish perfectly.
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I don't usually write reviews, but after visiting Cinema Paradiso I felt I had to leave something.
Me and a few friends visited here last week and we were all really taken back by how nice the restaurant was. It is set in a lovely central area of Amsterdam (Jordaan) and really stood out compared to the other restaurants we came across.
As soon as you walk in there is a huge fish tank in front of you marking the entrance to the seating area and just around from that is a huge chandelier hanging over everyone which really did set the tone for the night.
All of the staff were really polite and attentive and helped me with some recommendations on the menu as I couldn't make up my mind. I ended up going for the Salmon and all I can say is 'delicious'!
Some of my friends went for the pizza and I would have been just as happy with that as the buffalo mozzarella tasted incredible too.
For dessert I went for the Tiramisu and have to say I don't think I've tried one better than that before.
All in all I had a great experience with this place and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a lovely meal out with great food and great service.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We visited Cinema Paradiso last week after doing some research about good restaurants in the area. It had great reviews so we decided to check it out...i was away for a long weekend with friends! I've been to Amsterdam a number of times and have never been able to find a restaurant that has good food, good drinks, a nice ambiance, good location and everything else you want on an evening out...until we found CP! My mother is Italian so i'm always nervous about dining out at Italian because it's hard to beat my nonna's cooking but CP exceeded all of my expectations! We were greeted on arrival by a friendly, bubbly waiter (i think he was the manager) who seated us straight away. We were blown away by the decor and stunning chandelier center piece. The restaurant was pretty full and it had a really romantic but buzzy ambiance with great music and a film playing which was a great touch! We started and finished the night with some well made cocktails and were given some great wine recommendations by the waiter to accompany our food. We all had starter, mains and desserts and loved every mouthful...it tasted like authentic Italian food....just as my Nonna (grandma in Italian) makes! The service was great; we didn't have to wait long for food and thoroughly enjoyed the evening. We loved it so much we went back for our last night and again wasn't disappointed. I would recommend CP to friends, couples and families for a great night out! P.s. don't forget to try to the Sgroppino...it's divine!

Reviewed 29 March 2017

We booked at Cinema Paradiso for 10-30 as we weren't too sure of travel times - in fact we got there at 10. Just as well as I later picked up a voicemail sent that afternoon saying that they might close early if it was a quiet night! Food and service were ok - considering only 2 other tables in a large dining room were occupied I'd have expected really attentive service. Value - frankly pretty poor. Not a place we'd bother with again.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

We were with the 5 of us. Some ordered first and main, but 2 ordered only first because they didn't know if they will be hungry. The answer from the waitress was you must order ALL now as the kitchen get angry if they get it later. She said they will scream at her and it's too much for her.
Someone forgot what does it mean service .....

Reviewed 1 January 2017

We found the wait staff extremely RUDE! And for this reason, I think I'd skip this restaurant on my next visit to Amsterdam.
The food was very tasty, however a few of the dishes were literally "swimming" in sauce or oil making it a bit messy, so it was tasty but really nothing to rave about.