“Perfect service and mouses in the room”
Review of Cafe Luxembourg

Cafe Luxembourg
Reserve with
Cafe Luxembourg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #744 of 4,303 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$19 - US$31
Cuisines: International, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Description: Stylish Grand Cafe in the center of Amsterdam. Open for breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or just a drink. Famous for our Shrimp and veal Croquettes!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I really appreciate the food over there and also the service. All the waiters where really friendly. However, while we were paying the bill we could see mouses running over the room. We called the waiter to let him know and he told us that they had already knowledge about it.
We were really upset because everything was really perfect.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped here by chance as my wife really fancied mussels and having read the menu outside we decided to give it a try and were not disappointed! I ordered the fillet mignon which was cooked to perfection, melt-in-the-mouth and really flavourful (no sauce needed!). My wife's portion of mussels was generous and accompanied with a really nice simple garlic and dill sauce. Staff are friendly and welcoming, food came quick and the atmosphere is really relaxed with a nice 'buzz' about the place. Will definitely call in again next time we are in Amsterdam!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Avoid if you are a parent as it is not kid friendly, this was the worst experience we have had in Amsterdam.

I have never been shouted at across a restaurant for my child making noise for 30 seconds. This was a man without class or manners.

We used to come here every weekend for brunch but will not be returning.

If our food wasn't coming out at the same time I would have left. Unfortunately we felt obligated to pay for it.

In Amsterdam there are many better places for brunch without the attitude.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped by on pure luck. Deluxe lunch was very good. The croquettes we're so good. Sitting in front watching the passersby was entertaining too.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Although this cafe seems to be favoured by a prominent travel guide, I think the place is highly overrated!
My family went there for dinner while visiting Amsterdam. The service was slow/inattentive and the food was mediocre at best. The server spilt some beer on my husband when he was being served (with no acknowledgement or apology). Perhaps the ambience is better during the day —but I would certainly not recommend it for dinner!