Sir Adam Hotel
Room Mate Aitana(Amsterdam)
Hotel Multatuli(Amsterdam)
A-Train Hotel(Amsterdam)
View Hotel
All reviewsrecord playerfree ferrydisco liftdisco ballgibson guitarmusic themevinyl recordsbutcher barcentral stationruns hourscorner rooma short ferry ridestudent unionmoon restaurantcoolest hotelfunky hotelij river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The location of this hotel is spot on. Right next to central station. Don’t let the ferry crossing put you off. From getting on,to getting off is about 2 minutes and we never waited more than 30 seconds for the next one to come along (even when blind drunk at 3am). Check in was a breeze, warm welcome and glass of cava. Everybody is very helpful and the male members of staff (like most of Amsterdam) are drop dead gorgeous much to my partners dismay. Room was amazing. Exactly as the pics. Our small room was ample sized. Loved the addition of record player and lots of records to chose from downstairs. We ate and drank in the butcher which is a must! Cool vibes. Lots going on. Great chilled place to hang out. The lifts also have different fun themes. Sir Adam also has a WhatsApp service should you need anything. In my time of hangover hell there was a knock on the door with paracetamol within 10mins. Only pointer I would make is that we weren’t told anything about the roof bar or swing when we checked in. I’m not sure if this is a separate business but it would of added to our experience of this hotel. Highly recommend!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Rick d, General Manager at Sir Adam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear KellyD,

Thank you for sharing your experince with us and we are happy to read that you had such an amazing time.
The ferry is indeed a verry convenient way of traveling, indeed even at 3 am it goes very smoothly.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and kind words. Especially from our Drop Dead Gorgeous male staff!

We are already looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel and it's facilities are really beautiful and clean. The exterior and interior design of the building is very modern too. The beds and showers in the rooms are without a doubt the best beds and showers in the whole of Amsterdam.

Yes, you do get a record player and a library downstairs to choose from but unless you like scratched records probably bought from a boot sale in 1983 you might not be in luck. I wouldn't recommend the room service as it arrived an hour after the expected delivery time without apology and with the order wrong as well as missing items. When we called them they had told us they wouldn't charge us for the inconvenience and delay. 5 minutes later someone called us back and very rudely said that because we had eaten a bit of the items they had brought (obviously after waiting an hour and a half) that we would have to pay for it. I couldn't actually believe what I was hearing.

We decided to venture into the restaurant to see if things would improve. The food in the restaurant is quite tasty but that is if you are one of the elite chosen few lucky enough to be acknowledged by the staff.

The boat really isn't a problem and runs 24 hours a day with 5 minute intervals.
The swing and lookout on the roof are separate to the hotel and these will have to be paid for separately.

apparently the lifts are cool but they were under going refurbishment when we were there so only saw 2 of them..

Very nice hotel just unfortunately let down by the staff and restaurant.

Room Tip: try to get a room over looking the train station
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing this review on Trip Advisor.

Nice to read you liked the hotel and facilities! The bed and shower are great, right?!

Sorry you had to wait so long for your room service. This is not our normal way of service. The next time when you are staying at Sir Adam, please contact me personally. I assure you that you have an unforgettable stay and you don't have to wait so long for your roomservice!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed three night, funny, quirk and furbished in 80’ style ... you can find a old music player in ant room and vinil disk at your choose..staff is very friendly and resto is good just you need to pick up your food at the kitchen desk but it is not an issue, room as not so spacious but the overall atmosphere is great ... public library is just across the road providing an alternative resto and there is an uderground public parking directly connected to hotel desk, definetely a suggested hotel, just one remarks there is no way to work as the desk is taken by music player ... better because “all work an no play makes Jack a dull boy”

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Rick d, General Manager at Sir Adam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Riccardo,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review on Trip Advisor. Great to read you liked the style and the staff! It does brings you to the 80's, doesn't it?! Thank you for naming the desk/working spot. We are going to note this to develop even better in the future.

I hope we may welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

While the hotel impresses with a funky, modern design, it disappoints with its service. The personnel at the breakfast and reception desk is trapped in a helpless lethargy that ruined my stay... maybe I should have come later in the spring! Not only was the service slow, but also costly! I had prepaid my breakfast, but the personnel at the front desk and at the breakfast argued the contrary. On the following day, I waited 15 minutes at the breakfast at which point not a single member of the staff thought that it might be a good idea to take my order after all. I was in a hurry, so thinking that my breakfast is not prepaid after all, I decided to skip it. However, when I checked out, which took a record 20 minutes, the lady at the front desk discovered that I had indeed prepaid the breakfast. As a result, amidst all the confusion, I missed my train, paid for a breakfast I couldn’t use and worst of all departed hungry!
A final quick note for people like me, who are less avant-garde! The rooms are very small and it is considered a cool, hipster feature to have you sink outside of the bedroom right next to your bed! Though to be honest, this is a minor problem in comparison to the service!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hi there,

Thank you for staying at Sir Adam and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers

It saddens me to read that we were not able to live up to your expectations. I looked deeper into your findings and as you stated correctly, the breakfast package was not communicated clearly for which I am sorry. I do understand that this was an frustrating situation for you and therefore we have addressed this with the necessary departments to avoid this from happening again in the future.

If you were to stay in Amsterdam once more, I do hope that you would consider Sir Adam again to experience an unforgettable stay.
Should you have any questions or comments in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me either per mail or telephone.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Hubby treated me to a lovely weekend away to celebrate Mother's Day and we chose the Sir Adam.

The hotel is quite new, and you need to catch the free ferry from the back of Centraal station to get to it. But it's literally just 5 minutes away, and the ferry takes you directly to it, so a very easy journey.

We have been coming to Amsterdam regularly for the past 20 years, so we were eager to stay at this new addition to Amsterdam hotels. We got there long before check-in was open, but we were able to leave our bags and do what we wanted to do before coming back and being shown to our room.

The Sir Adam is lovely, with funky, retro design touches such as vinyl turntables, wall-mounted guitars and music themed lifts. In our room we were delighted with our bed which we found so comfy and we also loved the rainfall shower. Of course, all of this means nothing without the first class service delivery from all staff that we interfaced with.

On our second night we ate at the Butcher - the restaurant attached to the hotel. Gorgeous burgers and very reasonably priced.

I had one issue that I came across, but because it was dealt with and escalated to the Customer Experience Managers, I have no further issue to pursue and am happy with my 5 star rating.

I would happily recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Rick d, General Manager at Sir Adam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi there,

Thank you so much for sharing this review with us! Great to read everything went so smoothly the way up to Sir Adam. Hope you enjoyed the view of Amsterdam when you took the ferry.
How great you can appreciate the style of the hotel and are so enthusiastic about the staff.

Super to read the issue you had is solved directly.

Hope to see you soon!