“Great food, friendly staff”
Review of Erawan

Erawan
Ranked #17 of 395 Restaurants in Haarlem
Price range: US$24 - US$32
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Description: For more than 27 years Erawan Thai restaurant provides Authentic Thai cuisine in a romantic atmosphere. We provide freshly made dishes containing the original vegetables and spices which are flown in from Bangkok every week. These ingredients form the basis for the flavors the Thai cuisine is famous for. Recognized by the Royal Thai Embassy as an authentic Thai restaurant, we have been rewarded with the "Thai Select" logo.
Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

We had a very nice dinner. Mine was not spicy like I asked for, so I was happy, but my husband's prawns were great but it wasn't as spicy as he expected. (He love spicy food) So next time we visit he will ask for extra peppers... ;)
The staff was friendly.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 12, 2018

Very good food for non-Thailand located restaurant. Tom Yam soup was very good, so were Pad Thai. Atmosphere is very subdued and nice. Will visit again.

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

We went to have dinner following the trip advisor comments.. we were sitted in the middle in a cozy area with cushions and candles, loved it!!!
The food was simply amazing, great taste, true thai food, powerfull and delicious!!!
Portions are generous and service was great too!!
For us, the best restaurant in Haarlem!

Reviewed September 13, 2018

Have been coming here for a couple of years now - it's awesome!

The ingredients are great quality and plentiful - with a spicy kick!

We had the sharing starters this time - they were all very nice, good to try something different. I had the mixed (meat and prawn) curry, with the Fried Rice, and thoroughly enjoyed it (with a couple of beers). Left feeling full, and it was really tasty.

Service was fab, prices a little high, surroundings pretty plain - but still my favourite Thai in Haarlem. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

Went to visit this restaurant with my parents and daughter. Having learned how to cook Thai food while living in Asia, I was thrilled to find the level of freshness, authenticity and quality at Erawan restaurant.
We shared 4 appetizers (beef with Thai spices, crab cakes, fried prawns & spring rolls) which were all lovely. The sauces that came with it (peanut and sweet/sour) added good flavors.
The main dish I loved most was the green seafood curry. It was just like I was taught to make it. So full of flavor with fresh Thai basil. The chicken with cashews were seasoned very well. The whole fried fish in yellow curry was phenomenal too. My daughter loved her chicken & noodles. We tried each others dishes and finished them all ;-).
Even though the ambiance would get a 3 star from me, the prices are fair and I would highly recommend this restaurant. I will definitely be back when I’m in town.

Date of visit: July 2018