“Nice terrace on a warm day to enjoy your dinner with old collegues”
Review of Bij Tholen

Bij Tholen
Reserve with
Bij Tholen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 391 Restaurants in Haarlem
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bij Tholen is opened for wine and dinner. We offer our guests the things they are in the mood for; a good glass of wine with bites after shopping or our outstanding menu in the evening. Bij Tholen is located in the centre of Haarlem, between the station en 'de Grote Markt'.
Reviewed September 19, 2016

Fridaynight and meeting up with an old collegue who just moved to Haarlem. After visiting his new place we walked down town and passed the terrace of this place. They offered a three course dinner, so we sat down. The food is tasty, but the portions are rather small so it was good we choose the three course dinner. For me it was enough, but my hubby had to eat an extra sandwich when we got home.The staff is very friendly so we had a great time.

Reviewed July 1, 2016

Always looking for good restaurants near Haarlem station to have diner with friends. This time we tried Bij Tholen because of their varied menu. The starter was excellent: "bordje Bij Tholen". Good tasting soup, small fried shrimp, tuna with wasibi and fine tasting meats. Thank god no bread. As second course my friend had the tomato risotto and I tasted the halibut with gingercreme and sweet patato. This combination was too sweet for the soft tasting fish. Interior is nice and the staff is okay.

Reviewed March 27, 2016

In Haarlem,staying with family,we all decided to have a family dinner out all 8 of us, age 11 to 59! We successfully booked online.We had the 25 euro 3 course meal( children though sharing starter and dessert). The service was relaxed and friendly,broad menu and everybody catered for.The food when it arrived was surprisingly attractively presented and very generous portions.The taste was excellent all round.From starter through main course to desserts all scrumptious.A beer to complement was just right.No problem with tap water was a nice touch.

Reviewed March 19, 2016

Due to a dinner with friends from highschool many years ago of one them suggested 'Bij Tholen' (means at or chez Tholen). So we went. It is on the way from the railway station to the city centre, so i had seen it several times, but had never been there. We choose for the three courses and I started with a carpaccio from redroot, very tasteful. Because a three courses gives me always a feeling of being filled to much I alwys then choose for vegetabkes or fish in the main course. Anyway, the lasagne was vegetarian, but that was a good choice, excellent. Not to weak, just great. My friends had different melas ordered, and were also very pleased with it. I finished it with the well-known creme brulee, but that was a long tine ago and it tasted just as it should be: very nice and good to shut down. We then received a drink from the house, because of our positive vibes and they have some very good wines, somthis evening was a pleasant sursprise and I am not going to walk directly to the city centre from now on. The restaurant is a place to be in Haarlem.

Reviewed October 22, 2015 via mobile

Went here tonight, for the first time. The service and interior are okay, not outstanding but good enough (the lights where we were sitting were too bright and one staff member could have been more friendly, although he came across as someone who has real culinary knowledge, which I think is a plus). The food though was superbly delicious!! We both had three courses and loved every bit of it, which is somewhat of a rare thing. Whereever I go, there usually is at least ONE thing that is a little disappointing, but not here. Great tastes, great quality and everything fit together perfectly. Would definitely come here again!