“Cozy place in the heart of Haarlem”
Review of Bij Tholen

Bij Tholen
Reserve with
Bij Tholen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 351 Restaurants in Haarlem
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bij Tholen is opened for coffee, wine and dinner. We offer our guests the things they are in the mood for; a good glass of wine with bites after shopping or our outstanding menu in the evening. Bij Tholen is located in the centre of Haarlem, between the station en 'de Grote Markt'.
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Very well located restaurant (good to make a stop on a way for shopping) with excellent quality food. It's not fancy but sutble, which I prefer more. I recommend having ribs as an appetizer and meat of the day as the main course. The owner is a charming person who will make your stay even better.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

The place is very cozy, the service was very friendly, I tried a very different dish (Cuscus with eggplants), don't ever order it :) but my friends' dishes were amazing (Beef and Fish), I just chose wrongly.
Their creme brulee is very very delicious, very small portion though.
The waiter was very genuine to bring food for our dog, on the house.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

We liked that s restaurant so much we ate there twice. The owner/chef is very nice and the menu is original and all delicious.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Fridaynight and meeting up with an old collegue who just moved to Haarlem. After visiting his new place we walked down town and passed the terrace of this place. They offered a three course dinner, so we sat down. The food is tasty, but the portions are rather small so it was good we choose the three course dinner. For me it was enough, but my hubby had to eat an extra sandwich when we got home.The staff is very friendly so we had a great time.

Reviewed 1 July 2016

Always looking for good restaurants near Haarlem station to have diner with friends. This time we tried Bij Tholen because of their varied menu. The starter was excellent: "bordje Bij Tholen". Good tasting soup, small fried shrimp, tuna with wasibi and fine tasting meats. Thank god no bread. As second course my friend had the tomato risotto and I tasted the halibut with gingercreme and sweet patato. This combination was too sweet for the soft tasting fish. Interior is nice and the staff is okay.