All reviews train station perfect location central staircase bowl of apples the main square glass door free apples bars and restaurants helpful with directions the hotel staff an easy walk free wifi charming city bavo church minute walk street noise quality hotel
Reviewed November 29, 2017

We booked this hotel as a last minute choice because Amsterdam was far too expensive. This hotel was awesome. It is right in the center of town and about 10 minutes away from the train station. The staff was friendly and the room was comfortable. There was a bit of noise coming from the property in the back alley though. It sounded like a karaoke contest.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Amrath Grand Ho... F, General Manager at Amrath Grand Hotel Frans Hals, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2017

Dear Jayne,

With pleasure I am reading your review. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We always strive to provide the best service as possible, therefor I am happy to read that you valued the service of my colleagues in such a positive manner. I am sorry to learn that you experienced some noise from the back alley. During the weekends the alley is closed to minimalize any sound. Please do inform our Front Office when you are disturbed by noise. We can provide earplugs when required.

We hope to welcome you again as our guest.

Reviewed November 22, 2017

The hotel is right in the centre and close to key sights, it's a 10-15 minute walk from thr station depending on speed of walking. Reception staff are super friendly and helpful and no question seemed a trouble at all. The hotel itself is fair; standard room was a decent size and clean. Generally quiet although some noise from bottles in the back street at night but not too much. I didn't eat at the hotel as there's so many places to eat nearby. Good wifi throughout the stay. For any ladies, make sure you take your own shampoo and conditioner as these aren't supplied separately. Would stay here again for sure

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Helen J

Dear Helen,

First of all thank you for taking the time and effort to share your experience with us.
I am delighted to read that you experienced the service of my colleagues from the Front Office as super friendly and helpful. I will make sure to share these positive words with the entire team.

I hope that our city center location helped you to make the most out of your stay in Haarlem. Once again, thank you for writing a review and rating us with 4-stars! We are looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here for 3 nights over the weekend and had a fabulous time. It’s a few minutes walk from all the bars, shops & restaurants so no car is necessary. There was a market on the Saturday which has a great atmosphere. The hotel staff couldn’t do enough for you & would highly recommend a stay at this lovely hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenben44

Dear guest,

With pleasure I am reading your review.

I am delighted to learn that you had a fabulous time in Haarlem. Hopefully our city center location helped you to explore all the beauty that Haarlem has to offer.

Your kind words regarding the service of my colleagues will be shared with the entire team. We always strive to provide the best service as possible.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in the future. Thank you for sharing your experience and rating us with 5-stars!

Warm regards,,

Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights to meet up with friends and both Haarlem and the hotel were delightful.

We were given a very warm welcome on arrival and all the staff we encountered throughout our visit were extremely pleasant and helpful. The hotel is an attractive modern hotel with an extremely stylish reception area with a large spiral staircase as its centrepiece. Our room was very nice with all the usual amenities and a very nice bathroom, there was also tea and coffee making facilities provided. We did not have breakfast in the hotel so can not comment on that.

Haarlem is a mini Amsterdam and very charming with a cafe culture feel about the place, nice little shops and boutiques and there was a very safe feel about the place. St Bavo Cathedral which is more or less next door to the hotel is well worth a visit and a must is The Frank Hals Art Gallery which is truly excellent.

There is a large very modern car park underneath the hotel which is not owned by the hotel and it is extremely expensive - €50 for our two nights but very convenient. If you are not prepared to pay that the hotel will direct you elsewhere.

We would most definitely stay at this hotel again if visiting Haarlem.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Josephine,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I’m delighted to read such positive words about our hotel.

We always strive to provide the best service as possible and I am happy that you had a very warm welcome and experienced the service of my colleagues as extremely pleasant and helpful. I will make sure to share these wonderful words with the entire team.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and rating us with 5-stars! We look forward to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed November 7, 2017

The hotel is right down town. We had a suite but value for money was not overly great. The jets of the tub and shower were rather filthy. They don't have hotel parking and public parking in Haarlem is the worst, we parked by the IKEA and took the train one way and a taxi the other. Way cheaper than parking down town.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Amrath Grand Ho... F, General Manager at Amrath Grand Hotel Frans Hals, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2017

Dear guest,

I want to thank you for sharing your experience with us, feedback is extremely important for us to be able to continuously optimize our service. We will definitely take your feedback in to account.

Unfortunately we are not able to give our guests special rates for the parking garage the Appelaar, since the government of Haarlem won’t offer this to us. Parking at the P+R near the Ikea is something my colleagues from the Front Office would also suggest since you can park there for free.

Hopefully you have enjoyed the beautiful city of Haarlem.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and rating us with 4-stars.