“Une société familiale de préparation de poissons fumés eés, un accueil et une visite en français”

Paviljoen Smit Bokkum
Reserve with
Paviljoen Smit Bokkum is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Volendam
Price range: US$25 - US$45
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Dutch
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2017

Une société familiale de préparation de poissons fumés et un restaurant excellent, une visite et explications du procédé de fumage par un des fils en français !
We had Smoked fish prepared by the family. Very good as they are delicately smoked. We had an entree with 3 types of smoked fish : salmon, eel, herring and then a main course with (warm) fillet of smoked loup and a strawberry tiramitsu for dessert. All very tasty et realyy the best smoked fish that I ever tasted.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Very nice place, very kind people and very good fish.
Tables With harbour view!

We staied With the family, and tried fish starter, fish & chips for kids and haddock at Volendam style ... we really appreciate everything !!!!!

Reviewed 16 April 2017

It was a wet and cold February day in Volendam. The icy wind was blowing off of the North Sea, It was drizzling and I had decided that this was the bus stop that we should get off to see Volendam. it was the wrong bus stop and it had started to rain and my wife was not very happy.

Things started to look up once we found Paviljoen Smit Bokkum. It was warm, dry and joy upon joy it specialised in local seafood! In fact, as it turned out it specialises in extremely good local seafood and my wife and I enjoyed many different varieties of local smoked fish and shellfish. Unfortunately it was not possible for us to have a guided tour of the smokery, but we did go upstairs to the museum. The building itself is interesting, old and quite picturesque and has a very nice out door terrace, which we chose to look at from inside the warmth of the building. I am sure that in the summer, that terrace is very popular looking out over the marina.

The staff were excellent and gave us lots of assistance, not just in ordering food but also about what to see in Volendam which was but a 5 to 7 minute walk away. Getting to Volendam by public transport from Amsterdam was very easy. We took a regular bus from Central station where we bought a ticket. After we had spent some time in Volendam I realised that Google Maps showed not only the bus stops, but also the time of the next bus!!

1  Thank SteveHK_8
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We called in this evening without a reservation and they were very accommodating, however I would strongly recommend reserving as several people that came in after us had to wait for a table, a sign of their popularity. This is a smoke house and the locally caught fish is smoked on site. We all ordered sea food and it was absolutely fabulous. I had eel, known locally as Parling, and it was to die for. My main was the best Sea Bass I have ever had. I would strongly recommend this restaurant, run by the 5th generation of the same friendly family. Excellent!!

Reviewed 31 March 2017

We stumbled across this place when we were just walking enjoying the village.After seeing all the smoked fishes in the mini-shop, we decided to eat there.
OMG! Most incredible smoked eel,yummy herring.My husband's fish and chips were tasty also.
So after we were done, I went back to the shop to buy some eel and salmon to bring home( checked my phone first.Yes, you can bring to US smoked fish in vacuum packaging "for personal consumption". At those prices you won't buy more than that, LOL.
Th owner was kind enough to show me the smoker which was still warm and told me about the process.NO thermometer-impressive, he does everything by feel.
This is the unique place with the fresh food,pricey, but worth it.
Thank you!

2  Thank lvlndtrvlr
davidefontolan, Eigenaar at Paviljoen Smit Bokkum, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Thank you very much for the warm compliment! Hope the eels travelled well And hope to see you next time!