See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 13, 2015

We stayed 4 nights at the Hotel Keistad it's located on a great square in the old town area and close to many restaurants, shops and attractions. The owners are gracious, friendly and helpful. The room was fitted with modern decor and fitments and the bed was comfortable.
There is a slow old lift in the building, great to transport your luggage however it is quicker to walk up and down without luggage just to access your room.
Breakfast, if you take up the option, is served in the adjoining restaurant. The breakfast package was adequate but a bit boring.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2014

It a very friendly hotel in the middle of the town. I had been there for three weeks and it was a pleasant stay. The food in the restaurant is very good as they are ready to cook the food the way you like. The restaurant was flexible to cook Indian cuisine every day just for us as the owner of the hotel (Amazis) want every customer to be happy. The hotel is well situated in the middle of Amersfoort so most of the things are just few meters away. The rooms are well maintained and cleaned every day. I would normally would leave lot of stuff around the room but when I come back its ready to check in. Amazis (Owner) is a very friendly person and he treats his customers as friends. Overall i would say that the hotel does not make you feel that you are away from your home as they make you feel like home. If I come back to Amersfoort I am definitely going to stay in Keistad.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are of same size so you can choose any.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2014

I stayed at Keistad 3 nights in October when I was in town for business. The rooms are very clean, but extremely small and they have put the maximum amount of furniture into a room which makes it almost impossible to even move around in the room. The way I was treated from the beginning felt like something out of Fawlty Towers.....

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I am reviewing only the Lorenza restaurant in the Hotel Keistad, since I stayed elsewhere (Hotel Lange Jan, see separate review). Good location on one of the main squares in old Amersfoort. Went there fairly late in on a very wet night, dodging the rain. OK as it goes. Standard Italian cuisine. Reasonable (generous portions) pizza, drinkable wine, and pleasant enough service. Interior a bit dark and with rather intrusive music. Had the weather been better I would have wandered around a bit and found something a bit more interesting. Still, I was hungry and the pizza was OK. No more to be said.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2013

It felt bad from the beginning. We had booked a twin room and the reservation was confirmed by mail. On arrival the owner insisted that we pay for the 2 nights in advance. The room was not a twin but a small double, no airco, no wifi, no coffee/thee, no view (the window had frosted glass and was locked !). The owner was willing to provide a twin but for a huge surcharge, we declined. In the morning (8.30) there was no breakfast, the only person present in the restaurant adjacent to the hotel was a cleaning lady who advised us to go to the supermarket to get some food & coffee. When we returned in the evening we found a plastic bag with towels on the doorstep, the room was not made, the bathroom was not cleaned.
For this year’s holydays we toured the smaller towns of the Netherlands. Every other hotel was fine but this was not only the most expensive but the worst berth we ever slept in.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple