All reviews the main square tea and coffee nice stay perfect location yogurt hof netherlands city elevator
Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

We visited the Flint Theater in Amersfoort and stayed here. It was difficult to figure out how to get to the hotel because Google maps was sending us in circles. BUT once we got there, we had a nice stay. Breakfast was nice and the weekend market was wonderful.
I'd recommend staying here.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

Well placed on the main square of Amersfoort
The room was large, clean and comfortable.
The location is perfect for exploreing what has to be one of the best kept secrets of the Netherlands. The staff where a delight always helpful and attentive with special thanks to Japp for his guidance around the town.
Can't wait to return.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2017

We have stayed in fancier hotels with pools, superior room furnishings and elevators; but the friendly, helpful staff and ideal location of de Gaaper is unbeatable. We spent 5 nights and found the room to be just fine. We had a small refrigerator, which we stocked with yogurts, snacks and drinks. We decided to eat breakfast in the room; along with the hot pot for heating water for the tea and coffee they provided. The room is on a main shopping street and just off the Hof (the largest town square in the city), where there are lots of cafes, shops and bars. We found Alberts Eten & Drinken, just in front of the hotel, to have very good food at reasonable prices.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2017

I needed to stay here for a night. My cousin's house was close by hence I had booked this place. It is located at Hof square which is a popular place in Amersfoort. Lot of pubs and eateries are located nearby. The hotel has all basic amenities. The place closes early and if late check-in is needed, then you can just drop a mail. They will make appropriate arrangement. Overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 3, 2017

After a long walk with my friend exploring the beautiful city of Amersfoort, I felt the need to stop and find a cozy place to have a nice warm drink and I randomly stopped by at this place right at the "Hof". We didn't stay at a room or anything, just for some hot drinks.

When we entered, I found that the people were very nice, they greeted us with what I felt was honest smiles and very polite gestures. They asked us to get comfortable and I went to find a seat upstairs.

The place wasn't very big but it was really cozy. I ordered "Chocomelk" and my friend ordered a Latte. They served both drinks with a cookie (typical Dutch) and my chocolate milk with whipped cream which was very nice.

Lucky that we tried this place and made our trip to Amersfoort memorable.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends