“keeping up with the name and spirit of street food”
Review of Yum Saap

Yum Saap
Ranked #314 of 701 Restaurants in Utrecht
Price range: US$22 - US$29
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2016

We entered this restaurant by accident while looking for a more up class place to eat. From outside the restaurant looked very unassuming and normal and I was lucky to have another foody who was up for the experiment and we both did regret our decision. The service was amazing, right from the very start of having home made drinks and spicy roasted peanuts everything was done in the spirit of street food and me being an Asian myself (from India) could relate to it more closely. I think we ordered more than were hungry but the taste and quantity was just right and more importantly at the right price. Every dish tasted different and what was funny and amazing that the kitchen is open plan so you can see the dishes being prepared and also see the expression on the cook's face which is different everytime he tasted the dish before letting it served on the table, it made the experience even more enriching (I don't think he realised we were watching). When they say its spicy they mean it so handle and order with care. I will definitely recommend the restaurant and will come back again for sure.

Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

I love it here. I eat here as often as I can when I visit Utrecht.

Understated environment, open kitchen which I love in a restaurant.

Great tasting food cooked really well and delivered with a smile.

Great value for money in my opinion.

Reviewed June 9, 2016

We are staying in a B&B close by here and decided to try some of the local neighborhood restaurants. Yum Saap was an obvious choice because of its location, the selection of items on the menu and because of the great reviews here. And it met every expectation.

Food was amazing: we sampled a variety of dishes, but can recommend the tom ka kai, crispy morning glory, the fresh spring rolls, beef stew, the oysters, the pad thai beef, the beef massaman and the duck. We had several more dishes but these definitely stood out. The portions are large enough to share with one other person, but only if you order several portions at once.

Service was good, and the open kitchen allows you to see many of the dishes being made from scratch. Settle in, nibble on a spring roll and enjoy the food - it was a great experience for us!

Reviewed April 14, 2016 via mobile

Got in to try some Thai food
The prices at the window are my the same as in the menu..
The first dish was soup which was great but the 2 nd was a radish with souce for 7 euros!
The service was ok

Reviewed February 27, 2016 via mobile

Nice little Thai eatery. Relaxed, informal atmosphere and friendly service. Authentic food - tastes similar to what we had in south Thailand. Somewhat limited menu but good price / quality ratio. Interesting looking selection of cocktails (although did not yet try them). Also offers takeaway.