“Faultless - such a wonderful surprise”
Review of De Eetkamer

De Eetkamer
Reserve with
De Eetkamer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 125 Restaurants in Middelburg
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2018

I had no expectations when booking this restaurant for a family dinner. The reviews were good, but nobody of my foodie friends was necessarily recommending this place to me when I asked where to go on the island of Walcheren. The restaurant is located just off the beaten track in a small cosy street (park in the nearby streets) and merges beautifully in with the surroundings. The moment you come in, you feel welcome. The service is impeccable, you feel looked after, the quality of the food well-balanced and good price-quality, the tables far enough from each other to have private conversations and the two hosts simply professional with a friendly touch. There is not a thing to comment on, you go here for an evening out, no fuzz, no noise, no unpleasant surprises, just what you need once in a while - stability all the way through. I liked it and will be back when I can. Check it out!

Reviewed August 9, 2017

We had a wonderful evening meal that was served to perfection. The food presentation was first class and the quality of food excellent. An evening meal in holland that the French could learn from.

Reviewed July 9, 2017

It was our wedding anniversary and we decided to go somewhere with a romantic feel.
This is quite a small restaurant with a nice and cosy ambience. We were visiting on a quiet evening and the was only one other tabel occupied.
We ordered the menu and everything was excellent. If there is one small complaint it is that that I would expect better bread in a restaurant of this quality. But that is a very small detail. The deserts were the highlight of the meal. They were simply out of this world!
The service was friendly and competent.
The price is in the higher end, but did not seem unreasonable.
All in all a very enjoyable evening.

Reviewed June 22, 2017

I took my family here to celebrate my daughter's recent graduation from UCR College Roosevelt and was not disappointed! Nice location near the Zeeuws Museum, it's not a big place but nicely laid out and has a nice ambience. The staff are friendly and very helpful too, which always makes a place more appealing. However, the highlight of the place is the food, which is excellent quality, superbly cooked, and a delight to eat. The bottle of house wine we had as well was also very good, and quite a reasonable price for a Michelin-starred restaurant. Overall, it was a great experience and a fitting location for the occasion we were celebrating. I have no hesitation in recommending it and would certainly visit again.

Reviewed January 15, 2017

This restaurant that is located in the centre of Middelburg has a classic interior with an intimate atmosphere. It is nice to dine in a stylishly decorated room and have some privacy at your table. People who want a romantic dinner will find their liking here. The reception and service are very friendly and professional. A menu is offered consisting of 3 to 6 courses, but we chose for the à la carte menu. As a starter the quartet of brown shrimp was excellent. After that the beef wellington, a specialty of the chef, was equally good. The house wines are available by the bottle or by the glass and have a very good value for price. An Irish coffee was an excellent ending of a fine evening dinner. Highly recommended.