See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 28, 2015 via mobile

We didn't stay in this hotel but we really enjoyed lunch in a pleasant seating area that they have which is over the road right by the sea's edge. It was a very warm day and we enjoyed a generous Tapas plate for two with a nice bottle of rosé wine whilst watching the ships go past. Good service good value.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LauraDaveJames
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We enjoyed our balcony room very much. The hotel was charming and clean offering an excellent breakfast. We also enjoyed additional meals and drinks there as well. Our room was small but adequate. We did venture to Middleburg for more sightseeing. Transportation was convenient. The walk along the sea was so beautiful. We chose Vlissingen because we had been to Amsterdam and just wanted to enjoy the ambiance of a smaller town. It was an excellent choice.

Room Tip: Choose the sea view room with balcony. The sea with huge ships are constantly providing incredible views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We regularly visit Vlissingen and have stayed here between 6-10 times in the past 3 years. Seaview room with a balcony can't be beat. You get great sun all day long, ships sailing by right offshore, the boulevard is always busy with pedestrians, bikers, and all manner of people. And the beach is right across the street. 5 minute walk to downtown, and easy parking.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed here in 2012, off season (September) and really liked it.

I spent four nights, didn't find the price outrageous, liked the restaurant downstairs, and appreciated the elevator - a rare treat for me in the type of hotels in the beautiful Netherlands I normally stay at.

My balcony opened onto an sea view that I still remember to this day; absolutely wonderful.

I liked the staff and the owner, the other guests I met (this is the kind of place where people come regularly for their vacations, some were repeat customers going back years.

There is a great walk along the beach and seawall right out front, it is close to a couple of great events - check out the Whisky by the Sea festival if you are in Vlissingen in the fall - and within an easy drive of Belgium, France and the Hague.

My room was clean, with few frills, but a decent-sized shower and cable TV. WiFi was spotty, if I recall, but got done everything I needed to do online.

Overall, the Leugenaar is small enough to be considered an 'intimate' hotel; well-located and I highly recommend it as a getaway mainstay, in the laid-back city of Vlissingen!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank EdwardLloyd
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The seeview + ocean-steamers is spectacular! That is for sure the best part. The parkingfacility is nearby and only 4,50 euro per 24 hours.
The hotel and it's restaurant is too expensive in my opinion. It's really too much money for too less quality.
The menu has little choice, waiting-time between starter and maincourse is over 45 minutes and the french fries even came halfway our maincourse. Free wifi is not working, the bed was in a terrible shape (killed my back) I had to take some shelfs out of the cupboard to put under my mattress to create better sleepingconditions. The rooms are (too) small, and a watercoocker without cups, etc. is useless. The tv-set in the room is so small that is was not possible to read the subtitles (my laptop has more inches). The elevator is the most slowest I have ever experienced. It takes minutes to wait for it's arrival and "travel" three floors.
The rooms are worn-out but clean. Time to renovate lots of things. In the present condition this hotel is not in shape for 3 stars. Two would be more realistic, I suppose. Sorry to say so, but it is like it is.
I have told the owner all this while checking out and she gave me the feeling the renovation allredy has started in the upperfloor and she really listened well to my feedback. She wanted to know all this to consider more improvements and speak about this during staffmeetings.(which is good!) I hope things will change for the better, soon.
Peter Quint.

Room Tip: Ask for the seaview-rooms (only 5 or 6 rooms)! But, make sure (before you take it) the bed fits to your standards.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple