“the worst service I have ever met”
Review of Hotel de Ark

Hotel de Ark
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Delft
Reviewed 8 December 2010

I arrived to this hotel at the evening time and left my visa card as a booking confirmation. They blocked the whole amount immediately (and it is ok, it is always like this). Next morning I have paid by my debit card and left this place. After 3 days I found out thet they charged me 2 times - from my credit card and my debit. Nice stay - 240 euros per single room per one night. I can tell you I wrote them 4 or 5 emails, I called them 2 times and I am still waiting when they will unblock my money. My bank tells that it is simple international procedure for authorization cancellation for visa which takes not more then 2 hours. Then WHY IS IT TAKE 3 WEEKS FOR THIS HOTEL?! Therefore if you want to save your time and your money never go there!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank irinaapetukhova
There are newer reviews for Hotel de Ark

Reviewed 16 August 2010

The rooms are clean, spacious and the bathrooms are also clean and functional. The bed was nice and firm. There is a buffet breakfast including a cooked breakfast: pancakes, bacon, scrambled egg, sausages, baked beans and tomatoes - lovely, when most Continental hotels serve Continental breakfasts only. We dropped some chocolate on the white sheets one evening and the next day, they changed the sheets to fresh new ones. The staff are friendly and helpful. They take the time to help with enquiries and all speak English. The hotel has a family feel but is also run professionally and efficiently. We felt well-looked after.

For those of you sensitive to noise, take note. We had asked for a quiet room so were given one at first in the attic area with a small window which was dark and gloomy. We asked to change rooms and they moved us to a lovely bright room overlooking the canal - it was a bit noisier esp on the last couple of night during the jazz festival, and due to the cathedral bells. The first room would have been quieter but we preferred to stay in the room with a view and put up with the slight increase in the noise.

The location is otherwise perfect for enjoying Delft and also is an easy 10 min walk from the station.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YMOLondon
Reviewed 10 May 2010

We made reservations based on the reviews. First i thought that we would only be there one night but since our plans were disrupted by the volcano we changed to 2 nights. The first night special on line was $90 euros - a fair price. When i added a second night it jumped to 145 euros. When we got to the place we asked and they said the first night was a 'special' but didnt offer to adjust the second night. We ended up looking at all the rooms as the first option though large was right by the breakfast room and patio. The hotel is pretty much a couple of town homes cobbled together with rooms chopped into hotel type rooms. The bathrooms were strange but usable. The rooms ok but strangely decorated. Old beautiful rooms with IKEA furniture...
Breakfast was fine. The staff was just OK.
Great location near the center square was the best thing about it.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2009

The hotel is well situated by a canal, and from there you can walk in a couple of minutes to the town's squares for great food and drink. Ark is very close to Delft station. Staff are welcoming and have the Dutch ability to speak better English than native English speakers. Rooms have BBC TV and, of course, much English language broadcasting, albeit with Dutch subtitles.
My room was spacious with a well-appointed shower/bathroom.
Breakfast included cereal, fruit, fruit juic, cold meat, Cheese, pastries, eggs, bacon etc, so plenty of choice. No restaurant in hotel.
A good price made it all good.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2009

The hotel was placed in a lovely location on the canal, within five minutes' walk of the market place. Most rooms have a canal view. Don't attempt to park your car here: this is a canal town and space for cars is minimal. We used the Zuidpoort car park (Zuidwal 4), which is a short walk of about 10 minutes and at the time of writing cost a mere 11 euros overnight. Breakfast was good and the room was very pleasant, complete with canal view and a fan for the hot weather.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2009

Just retunred from delft. Very nice hotel, in the city center. Breakfast was ok but not a big variety. I think 116 euros for a single room is too much.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2009

I have been in Delft , Netherlands for over 1.5 years and have been staying in various hotels. The best hotel I have come across during this time was Hotel De Ark. Located close to the Thomas Cook office, it has a mexican resturant located just close to it which happened to be our favourite. It has the canal in front of it and during summer you can take boat rides. On the opposite side of the hotel on other side of the canal, the hotel has few apartments. For long stay (3 weeks) these apartments come to similary economy as the hotel rooms.

The hotel serves a variety of dishes during breakfast and one would love it. It is always busy and one should book it in advance. The staff is very helpful and it charges wi-fi internet at 1 euro per day.

Dont take the economy single room...they are very small.

Nice to stay with this hotel

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)