All reviews floating hotel boat hotel porthole window private terrace hear people walking unique experience mini fridge market hall sitting area close to the city center by foot hotel is centrally located cold meats minutes walk away nice bathroom quiet area nice hotel
Reviewed December 6, 2015 via mobile

The staff upon arrival were very pleasant. We were looking forward to a different experience and we sure got it! The room smelled terrible and at first we didn't think we had any electricity as no lights came on. Come to fine the small table light wasn't plugged in. That was the only light that worked - hardly enough in the winter time with minimal sunlight. Everything felt damp in the room, the carpet too. The bathroom was dark and the shower flooded so I had to keep turning it off during the shower. I did lift the drain cover to aid the draining and a bunch of mold and hair came up with it. Yuck. I couldn't wait to leave. Won't be back. On the plus side - the staff was very nice.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
H2otel, Front Office at H2OTEL Rotterdam, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2015

Dear Kmkm, Thank you for your stay in our hotel. We are very sorry to read that you didn't enjoy it. We take your comments very seriously! This is not the way it should be. We apologize and we are hoping that you will return to our hotel so we can give you this great experience of staying on a boat in the centre of ROtterdam. Warm Regards, H2Oteam

Reviewed December 1, 2015

We hotel was unique and fun to stay in. we want to return when there is good weather to enjoy the boats and other outdoor amenities which the hotel offers.
the rooms were a good size but the beds were too soft.

Room Tip: we stayed in a room with the terrace and loved it. we were able to sit outside in a semi-private area and enjoy the water
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear CadyT, Thankyou for your stay in our hotel and your comment on Tripadvisor. We very much appreciate it. We are looking forward welcoming you in the summer season and making a tour with you in our Loungeboats! Warm Regards, H2O team

Reviewed November 28, 2015

We spent 1 night at the hotel and were very happy with the friendly and helpful service we received. Our room was quite small but nicely decorated and the beds very comfortable. The breakfast was very tasty and plenty on offer. The hotel is exceptionally convenient for all the central sights and very easy to reach by tram from central station.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family

Dear Jane D, Thank you for your stay in our hotel. We appreciate your comment on TripAdvisor. Nice to read that you enjoyed being our guest and that you liked the location of the hotel. We hope we can welcome you again soon! Warm Regards, H2Oteam

Reviewed November 1, 2015

I stayed at this hotel on a trip to Rotterdam to see my son who is studying at the University there, and I wanted somewhere central so that we could meet easily and explore the City.

The hotel itself is in a very good central location, but more importantly away from the noise and hustle and bustle. Its a short 10 minute walk from the centre and also a main tram route.

The hotel itself was easy to find and well kept on the outside. You walk up the gangway into the reception area - where I was dealt with a very friendly and helpful member of staff. My room was on a lower level just above the water line and although very small, was clean and tidy and perfect for my needs. It had a large walk in shower which worked well and there was plenty of hot water. There was also a TV in the room which (obviously) showed mostly Dutch TV, but there were some English speaking news channels. There was also an alarm clock and tea and coffee making facilities. I couldn't see much out of the portcullis in my room but I suspect the best views are had from the rooms higher up.

The hotel has a well stocked bar (which I made use of one night) and which also sells food - although I didn't try any so can't comment on its quality. I did have breakfast in a large room adjacent to the bar, and while a little pricey was very filling - serving a continental style breakfast of meats and cheeses etc.

Overall I was very impressed with this hotel and if I can get it for a decent price I will use it on my next trip out there to see my son.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
H2otel, Guest Relations Manager at H2OTEL Rotterdam, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2015

Dear Steve S,
Thank you for your stay in our hotel. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed beiing our guest. We hope we can welcome you again soon when you are visiting your son!
Warm Regards, H2O-team

Reviewed October 28, 2015 via mobile

My stay at H2otel was lovely. The location is absolutely perfect and it offered a little bit of that novelty factor - for being able to stay in a port city on a floating hotel.

I had a single room with a large double bed - one of the things I love about The Netherlands is that they cater for tall people. The bed was 2m long and hence was more than adequate my 6 foot (184cm) frame. The bathroom was small but very clean and more than adequate - quite a well thought out design I thought. The only thing I didn't like in the bathroom was that there wasn't much space for a tall person to sit on the toilet, especially when the cleaners kept placing the rubbish bin in front of the toilet - nowhere to put your feet! Though that was an easy fix for me, I simply moved the bin to between the toilet and the basin.

Yes you can hear people walking and talking when they pass by your room in the corridor, but generally people don't spend long in the corridor so it didn't bother me too much. For those that complain about this, it isn't a five star hotel so they shouldn't be expecting sound proof rooms. In fact most hotels I've stayed in throughout my travels so far have never had sound proof rooms! There are always some hotel noises to deal with. The other point I'd like to make here is that if you're considering this hotel in the first place, then obviously your not considering paying 5 star prices, so you shouldn't be expecting sound proof rooms!

The other thing I have to say that was great was the people, the service and the food. I dined at the restaurant and it was absolutely delicious. Fresh salads, perfectly cooked steak and yummy deserts. For €24 you can't go past this 3 course deal.

I forwent the breakfast option and took other reviewers advice and went to the Markethall instead... The Markethall is very close and had so many options for meals for any time of the day. I just loved the variety it offered. Though I'm sure the breakfast at H2otel was great too?

So overall, I recommend this hotel for its location, the value for money, the cleanliness, the friendly staff and the simple novelty of being able to say you've stayed on a floating hotel :)

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo

Dear Melanzaney,
Thank you very much for your stay in our hotel and your comment on Tripadvisor.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed it here in Rotterdam. Thank you for taking your time and leaving a very positive review for us. We very much appreciate it! We hope we can welcome you again soon in our floating hotel. Warm Regards H2O-team