“I travel half the country to eat here!”
Review of KUA Taco Bar

KUA Taco Bar
Ranked #260 of 1,270 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Price range: US$17 - US$23
Neighbourhood: Stadsdriehoek
Description: In the birthplace of the first taqueria in Rotterdam, KUA brings a fresh concept with homemade real tacos, great Mexican beers and cocktails! Last reservation welcomed at 21:15. Kitchen closes at 21:30. We will be closed during the holiday season celebrating with family! from 24 december to 2nd January. Happy holidays! Our kitchen closes at 9:30pm Wednesday to Saturday and at 9:00pm on Sundays
Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

I live on the other side of The Netherlands and we go to Rotterdam only to have dinner in this place. Their Mexican food is THE REAL DEAL! The best tacos enchiladas and tortillas. Other Mexican restaurants are more tex-mex or what I've called as "dutch-mex" but this one really sticks to the traditional flavors. I recommended 100%

Daniel M, Owner at KUA Taco Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

Dear Andrea, half the country! I'm happy we didn't disappoint you! We are happy to welcome you next time you are in Rotterdam. Muchas gracias! Daniel

Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

I like the concept, eating a taco while having a nice conversation. Accept the taco's itself weren't that much. I had two different kinds of veg taco's, but it hadn't much taste to it.

Dear guest, thanks for your visit! Sorry you didn't like our veggie tacos, we'll take your comment to our kitchen, if you come back I advise you to try our veggie enchiladas, they are an explosion of taste! We have several other veggie dishes, hope some will match your taste! Kind regards, Daniel

Reviewed June 10, 2017

In the almost 8 years of living in Rotterdam and traveling throughout the Netherlands and Europe, I finally had a satisfying mexican meal! Perfect guac, fresh tortias, great margaritas. The tacos and the main courses were off he hook. I am so happy this place popped up in Rotterdam and I found it. is an easy walk from the market square on a street dotted with cut shops too. My husband and I were with friends from New Zealand and we ordered a mix of tacos and mains from the menu. They did not disappoint. Service was great too!

Daniel M, Manager at KUA Taco Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

Hi Erica, thanks so much for your review and our visit! Hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Daniel

Reviewed June 8, 2017

For me it starts with service and that is a sure thing at this place. Friendly with a latin touch, rare to find in Holland. The food is refined and super fresh. I loved it in combination with my mexican beer. Its based in a hip and upcoming neighbourhood. You can tell the staff likes to work here, and they make the customers shine.
I a true asset for Rotterdam!

Hola Heleen, thank you for your visit and your review! We enjoy indeed working here, its always a fiesta :) see you next time! Kind regards, Daniel

Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

Just beginning but already the taste of the real Mexican kitchen. After 25 years of looking for a bit of Mexican taste we always were disappointed. But this kitchen made us feel home again. They say that the restaurant in The Hague is even better but you have to make reservations.