“Great food - perfect service”
Review of Bertmans

Bertmans
Ranked #555 of 1,270 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Reviewed August 22, 2018

Being a party of vegans and non-vegans this is the place to go. Tasty vegan options above average. Especially the range of vegan desserts is amazing.

1  Thank Sabine S

Reviewed August 12, 2018

Ok, I must admit I really love the original location. However, this space is really beautiful in terms of decor and furnishings. It's got a very boho-vibe about it all... I kind of think it blends with the jetset-hippie side of Ibiza styled eateries. Anyways, I love going for breakfast since the brunch/breakfast platter is so good. If you're really craving pancakes then the buckwheat pancakes are to die for! And, super healthy. Guilt free...
Most options on the menu are vegan or vegetarian (and any carnivore will be happy eating them) but there are a few items with meat for dinner.
I think service is good but maybe they're lacking resources when the place is completely packed.

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

We had two nights in Rotterdam and chose to eat here both nights. We aren’t vegetarian but had the roasted cauliflower dish with lots of other roasted veges - it was divine. Smoked cauliflower purée, wow. Then we had the pasta vege dish which was heavy in garlic but tasty and the green vege salad (have the feta with it). Very nice staff, good prices, nice place to sit and watch the world go by enjoying superb food. Also had the almond cake but found it a bit underwhelming, plus I think they forgot about it as it took quite some time to arrive. But for the cake it would have been excellent.

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

This outlet of Bertmans is their second restaurant. The “original” restaurant is a small cosy place. This however is a big place with a equally big outdoor seating area. And that shows.... the service is terrible. Very long waiting times, missing stuff, orders that constantly go to the wrong tables. It seems the staff is lost and there is no proper leadership. So the attitude also oozes indifference (or they look like they had a night of heavy drinking the day before).

Let me me clear: the food is amazing and I would truly recommend Bergman’s for it. But they really need to fix their service process and firm up. Surely they will get this under control. But it is a pity.

1  Thank Ivo F
Reviewed June 7, 2018

I love the Bertmans in the North but decided to go to their new place in the centre for my birthday dinner and was not disappointed. I can't recall ever having a bad meal or bad service at Bertmans. The staff at Karel Doormanstraat were really nice. As someone who has a lot of nerves eating out because of my difficult allergies (dairy and gluten), Bertmans is a absolute dream. Everything on the menu is clearly labelled and they are so kind and happy to make changes to dishes if needed (but usually I don't have to change a thing!). My boyfriend is a 'normal' eater and also absolutely loves this place. GF/DF cookie dough icecream was unbelievable. I think they really pay attention to the details of the menu and use lovely fresh ingredients.