2,404 results
All reviews lido restaurant cruise ship club room water taxi engine room ocean liner promenade deck ship hotel ocean bar public rooms complete tour beautiful ship old lady port holes former glory unique experience free shuttle
Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

I both stopped in the SS Rotterdam hotel and tool the full ship tour. First, the hotel. I stayed in one of the executive rooms with a view over the front of the ship. The room was done out in 1950s antique furniture, even down to the newspapers on the coffee table. It was very comfortable and a fun place to stay. The service was great and staff very friendly. I ate at the Club Room restaurant, and would recommend the set menus there.

Now, the tour. This was free for me because I had an executive room (which are definitely worth the price). But it would easily be worth the money anyway, even if you aren't staying at the hotel. It is a fascinating museum ship. Below decks is guided, above decks is by audio guide. There are also guides showing specific rooms like the ambassador lounge. The whole tour took me over 3 hours and was the highlight of my holiday

I can't recommend this place enough. Tip: when you are arriving, take a water taxi not land based transport. So much more fun

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2018

very nice hotel on an old cruiseship.
the service on the boat is excellent.
people are very kind and service minded.
rooms are big and clean.
I recommend this hotel if you want a nice and quiet stay in Rotterdam

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2018

My wife and I always enjoy to be back on board again. Having started as an apprentice deck officer on this ship in 1974, I was now on board to celebrate my retirement from the Ministry for Infrastructure and Water Management. I must say that since the ship is owned by Westcord, I am happy to see progress every time we stay on board. Looking forward to coming back in January 2019.

Room tip: Cabins on the starboard (right) side are overlooking the water.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

We stayed there overnight. The cabin was fine, the Service lacks experience.
The Restaurant was OK. The way the Staff treats Customers is not friendly. And when you complain, You been told, it is your own fault.
All in All - Not worth it.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Our first family holiday to Holland and we stop on the SS Rotterdam. From booking to leaving everything was excellent. Our 5 year old was amazed at his personal message in the room, to my husband loving the engine tour. Food on board was gorgeous, go to the Lido and have rib eye or ribs, they melt in your mouth. Would we go again? Oh yes and I would recommend it to anyone.

Trip type: Travelled with family