1,515 results
All reviews holland america line water taxi shipping line balcony room food factory old days head office unique hotel nespresso machine overlooking the river maas river cruise ship hotel restaurant comfortable bed city centre nice view erasmus bridge
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in Rotterdam on a short cruise and discovered this hotel on the way back to the ship. We only went for lunchtime drinks but it was fantastic find. The staff were wonderful and the place was buzzing with atmosphere. If I was in Rotterdam again I’d be staying here.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2018

Upon arrival in Amsterdam for a cruise, with a few days to kill, we rented a car with the first item on the agenda to visit the windmills in nearby Kinderjiik. To avoid the insane bustle and expense of Amsterdam, we booked the historic New York Hotel in nearby Rotterdam. If you've read up on this place the history speaks for itself, so I won't go into it. However, repurposed as a hotel, the New York hits it out of the park! The ambiance of this place and what I'd call "Industrial Chic" decor in the theme of a turn-of-the-century passenger terminal really sets it apart. High ceilings in our room and views of the harbor were spectacular. We did not eat in the downstairs indoor restaurant, but the attached outside cafe on the wharf has essentially the same menu and was very good. Staff was super accommodating. An unseasonable heat wave had descended over the area at the time and the hotel's air conditioning was a welcome relief, and as we came to find, not a common feature of hotels in that part of Europe. Only downside: no free parking. About $20/night in garage next door.

Room Tip: Get the harbor view
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Hotel New York is the place to meet a friend before boarding a cruise ship!! That’s what we did and it was very pleasant. The location is fantastic and the terrace is quite large. It is close to the cruise terminal. The staff was very patient and friendly with us as we were waiting for our friend to arrive. We had a few drinks and the “bitter garnituur” and it was good. It was again a very pleasant experience!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

I booked the cheapest room, on the webside I already read there would be no nice view from the window so that wasn't a surprise. Room was big, with good bed, desk and comfortable chair. Big bathroom with bath and shower in the bath. Airco. Clean. Very friendly staff. Very good breakfast but a bit expensive (but I didn't need lunch...). Diner is okay but for the prices charged I expected a bit more, like an extra side dish. But it was tasty. Location is excellent, walking distance to city centre and touristic hot spots.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2018

My wife and I had a lovely weekend in Rotterdam, staying at Hotel New York was an excellent choice, the staff were very attentive and pleasant at all times. We had the tasting menu in the downstairs restaurant and this was simply sublime, the waiter was very knowledgeable in regards to the wine and shared all his knowledge. We also had cocktails in the bar and again the bar tender was great in discussing bar appearances... A great place to stay with a great hotel team.

Room Tip: Some great views
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
RoelDusseldorp, General Manager at Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Thank you very much for your kind review!
We hope we can welcome you back soon as a guest of HNY & NYB !

rdusseldorp@hotelnewyork.nl